10018674 Temporary Assistant Athletic Trainer
Staff Application - please complete and email with supporting documentsSchool/Department: Athletics Primary Location: Macon Position: Staff Job Type: Full Time Position Close Date: Until Filled Description:
JOB SUMMARY: This position provides sports medicine services to Middle Georgia State University student-athletes
- Monitors and evaluates student-athletes at all home sporting events on the Macon campus and assists the Head Athletic Trainer on the Cochran campus as needed; assesses injuries and delivers appropriate care; evaluates student-athletes’ readiness for play; refers to physicians as needed; serve as first responder as necessary.
- Maintains training room hours; provides physical therapy and rehabilitation for student-athletes.
- Maintains current student-athlete records, including medical and physical reports, medical clearances, insurance information, etc.
- Monitors student-athlete’s injuries until released from doctor.
- Serve as primary point of contact for all aspects of the PyraMed electronic medical records system.
- Serves as liaison for the athletic department with appropriate doctors and medical staff.
- Coordinates student-athlete’s physician visits for sport-related injuries.
- Instructs student-athletes in the use of training equipment.
- Develops rehabilitation programs for student-athletes.
- Orders supplies and make payments
- Performs related duties.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION:
- Knowledge of sport medicine principles and practices.
- Knowledge of injury management principles.
- Knowledge of first aid and CPR.
- Knowledge of computers and job-related software programs.
- Skill in instruction of student-athletes.
- Skill in the provision of athletic training services during sporting events.
- Skill in the analysis of problems and the development and implementation of solutions.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
SUPERVISORY CONTROLS: The Head Athletic Trainer assigns work in terms of very general instructions. The supervisor spot-checks completed work for compliance with procedures and the nature and propriety of the final results.
GUIDELINES: Guidelines include National Athletic Trainers Association guidelines, related state regulations, and university and department policies and procedures. These guidelines require judgment, selection and interpretation in application.
COMPLEXITY/SCOPE OF WORK:
- The work consists of varied duties in the provision of sports medicine. Continuous and overlapping sports’ schedules contribute to the complexity of the position.
- The purpose of this position is to provide athletic training services to student-athletes. Success in this position ensures the health and fitness of student-athletes.
- Contacts are typically with co-workers, other college personnel, coaches, student-athletes, other students, physicians, medical staff, insurance providers, and members of the general public.
- Contacts are typically to provide services, to give or exchange information, to resolve problems, or to motivate or influence persons.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- The work is typically performed while intermittently, standing, stooping or walking, or occasionally sitting at a desk or table. The employee frequently lifts light objects.
- The work incorporates the use of equipment’s and modalities of varying weights and sizes.
- The work is typically performed in an office, an athletics facility, and outdoors, occasionally in cold or inclement weather. The employee may be exposed to contagious or infectious diseases, or irritating chemicals. The work requires the use of protective devices such as masks, goggles, gloves, etc.
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY: There are no supervisory responsibilities.
- Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with the completion of a baccalaureate degree in a course of study related to the occupational field.
- NATA certification and Georgia State licensure required.
- Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one to two years.
TO APPLY: Application materials should be emailed as a Microsoft Word or Adobe.pdf attachment to: [email protected] with the subject line “10018674 Assistant Athletic Trainer 10.20.2020”. Application materials are to include a resume, an MGA Staff application; a letter of interest which includes salary requirements; and three professional references. Paper application materials will not be accepted.
Background checks will be conducted on all final candidates.
Staff Application - please complete and email with supporting documentsA Unit of the University System of GeorgiaEEO/AA/M/F/V/D