10018010 Administrative Coordinator (INTERNAL ONLY)
Staff Application - please complete and email with supporting documentsSchool/Department: Department of Nursing Primary Location: Dublin Position: Staff Job Type: Full Time Position Close Date: Until Filled Description:
JOB SUMMARY: This employee is responsible for the admissions and certification processes for the Department of Nursing and will provide secretarial support for departmental operations.
- Serve as the Admissions and Certification Officer for the Department of Nursing.
- Manage the student admission process, course registration, and certification process.
- Responsible for the establishment, management, security, and purging of confidential student files.
- Maintain department faculty files by following confidentiality guidelines.
- Prepare spreadsheets and other reports related to student admission, progression, graduation, and licensure.
- Process student admission applications.
- Maintain student database related to candidate admissions, graduation, and licensure and ensure that all data is complete and correct.
- Research, extract, organize and maintain data in the Banner Student Information System, Degree Works, and the nursing program database for program accreditation and annual reports.
- Maintain records and assists with all accrediting body and state board reports.
- Provide information and respond to inquiries orally and in writing to students, faculty, staff, and the general public regarding degree program and college policies and procedures.
- Gather information and answer inquiries regarding the status of issues pending resolution such as complaints and special requests from students and faculty.
- Compose notification letters of admission status to prospective students when application packets are received.
- Review and edit documents to ensure that correct spelling, grammar, punctuation, and formatting is used.
- Serve as Secretary for the Department of Nursing Faculty Meetings and prepare the meeting minutes.
- Responsible for overseeing the secretarial operations of the office.
- Help to ensure that priorities and deadlines are met on various projects.
- Perform office reception duties such as answering phone calls, greeting visitors and taking messages.
- Monitor operating budget and expenditure records to ensure accuracy.
- Purchase supplies online through various vendors.
- Reconcile purchasing card account on a monthly basis.
- Enters course schedules into Banner.
- Enrolls nursing students into nursing courses.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION:
- Knowledge of modern office practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of college and school policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of computers and job-related software programs.
- Skill in prioritizing and organizing work.
- Skill in the use of innovative technology in the recruitment and admissions process.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Identifies opportunities and takes action to build strategic partnerships to help achieve department goals.
- Maintains effectiveness when experiencing major change in personal work or the work of the department.
- Recognizes customer needs are a primary focus of actions.
SUPERVISORY CONTROLS: The Chair of the Department of Nursing assigns work in terms of general instructions. The supervisor spot-checks completed work for compliance with procedures, accuracy, and the nature and propriety of the final results.
GUIDELINES: Guidelines include college and school policies and procedures. These guidelines are generally clear and specific, but may require some interpretation in application.
COMPLEXITY/SCOPE OF WORK:
- The work consists of related administrative duties. Frequent interruptions contribute to the complexity of the position.
- The purpose of this position is to provide administrative support for school operations. Successful performance helps ensure the efficiency of those operations.
- Contacts are typically with co-workers, other college employees, students, members of the business community, and members of the general public.
- Contacts are typically accreditation, state, and federal agency representatives.
- Contacts are typically to give or exchange information, resolve problems, and provide services.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- The work is typically performed while sitting at a desk or table or while intermittently sitting, standing or stooping. The employee occasionally lifts light objects.
- The work is typically performed in an office.
- The work may require driving to each campus location.
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY:
- This position supervises assigned student workers.
- Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with completion of specialized training in the field of work, in addition to basic skills typically associated with a high school education.
- Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one to two years.
- Superior communications, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Should possess high energy, attention to detail, and the ability to organize effectively.
- This position is non-exempt (bi-weekly paid).
- Salary grade 14.
TO APPLY: Application materials should be emailed as a Microsoft Word or Adobe.pdf attachment to: [email protected] with the subject line “10018010 Administrative Coordinator 10.21.2020”. Application materials are to include a resume, an MGA Staff application; a letter of interest; and three professional references. Paper application materials will not be accepted.
Background checks will be conducted on all final candidates.
Staff Application - please complete and email with supporting documentsA Unit of the University System of GeorgiaEEO/AA/M/F/V/D