Utilities Technician (2nd Shift)
Utilities Technician (2nd Shift)
Job No: 496601
Position Type: full-time
Location: Lewisburg, PA
This position serves as the Facilities liaison to the Bucknell community on second shift and acts as the first responder and primary troubleshooter for technical issues. Incumbent shall have thorough working knowledge of heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) systems and associated equipment as well as water, sewage, oil, gas, steam, condensate and fire sprinkler/prevention systems and associated equipment. Incumbent shall also have fundamental knowledge of electrical systems / electronics and carpentry. The immediate supervisor for this position is the Plumbing Supervisor
* Troubleshoot and repair heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems and associated components. Use diagnostic equipment, line diagrams and campus Building Automation System to identify issues and develop solutions.
* Perform preventive maintenance tasks on HVAC equipment including air handlers, fans, condensing units, air compressors, vacuum pumps, motors and other campus utility system components.
* Periodically monitor the Building Automation System (BAS) for system alarms. Identify cause of alarm and resolve.
* Perform repair/maintenance, inspection and modification of mechanical plumbing systems, equipment and fixtures for domestic water, sewage, gas, oil and fire sprinkler/prevention systems.
* Perform maintenance on campus steam and hydronic systems and associated equipment.
Includes maintaining building steam, condensate, chilled water, and hot water piping systems, pumps, pump motors, steam traps, humidifiers, and heat exchangers.
* Perform repairs and/or replacement of electrical fixtures, devices, and appliances as required.
* Troubleshoot and repair food service equipment as required.
* Perform small carpentry tasks as required.
* Provide first response for elevator outages.
* Maintain maintenance records through site computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) including generating, updating and closing out work orders.
* Adhere to OSHA standards, employ safe practices and follow safety policies/procedures. Use PPE in a safe manner, set examples for others, notify supervisor of potential hazards, and demonstrate good housekeeping habits.
* Support and promote the University's sustainability efforts.
* Perform other duties as required.
* High School Diploma or equivalent with strong math and shop background
* Three years commercial/institutional experience in all areas of facilities maintenance and operation including heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) systems and associated components, mechanical plumbing systems and associated equipment and basic electrical systems OR two year technical degree from a qualified technical/trade school with emphasis in HVAC, plumbing or electrical along with one year commercial/institutional experience.
* Thorough working knowledge of heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) systems and associated equipment.
* Working knowledge of water, sewage, oil, gas, steam, condensate and fire sprinkler/prevention systems and associated equipment.
* Working knowledge of electrical systems.
* Working knowledge of methods, materials, tools, and equipment used in the HVAC and plumbing trade as well as applicable federal, state, and local health and safety code requirements.
* Ability to interpret engineering drawings and specifications to determine layout for mechanical systems.
* Ability to understand oral and written instructions and procedures.
* Computer literacy.
* Ability to work independently and as a team member; take initiative; use good judgment; and communicate effectively.
* Strong customer-focus and time management skills.
* Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusiveness.
* A valid driver's license and the ability to drive University vehicles.
* This position is classified as part of essential services. Individual is required to report to work even if campus has a delayed opening, early closing, or is closed, unless instructed otherwise by facilities supervisor; or when the individual has concerns related to their personal safety.
* A post offer criminal background and driving record check, drug screening and physical will be conducted.
* Must communicate closely and effectively with supervisors, peers and various groups and departments throughout the campus to provide reliable building/utility systems and support campus activities and events.
* Use sound judgment and make decisions by gathering all relevant information and analyzing it in a logical manner. Seeks advice and assistance from peers and supervisors when needed.
* Able to work as a valuable team member with other maintenance technicians, contractors and University personnel. Willing to share information and provide assistance at all times. Willing to accept work assignments and follow directions.
* Work with minimal supervision. Take the lead in identifying, analyzing, and correcting problems and deficiencies, with appropriate input from coworkers and supervisors.
* This is normally a second shift, weekday position, but may require occasional first shift work.
* Two year technical degree from a qualified technical or trade school with emphasis in HVAC, plumbing or electrical.
* Experience utilizing Building Automation Systems (BAS) or Energy Management Systems (EMS) such as Johnson Control (JCI) and Automated Logic (ALC).
* EPA Refrigerant Recovery Certification
* Lift and carry 75 pounds unassisted.
* Ability to move around and work from heights on the entire work site including climbing ladders, stairs, scaffolds, man lifts, aerial lifts, and entering confined areas and crawl spaces.
* The position requires the following physical movements: climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, and reaching.
* Must be able to perform work in a safe manner and adhere to department's safe practice guidelines, including but not limited to trenching, lockout/tagout, and confined spaces.
* The scope of the position requires exposure to and use of chemicals, solvents, cleaners, and lubricants common to maintenance work that may be hazardous and/or cause injury if specific instructions regarding their mixture, use, and disposal/storage are not properly followed.
* The person in this position works indoors and outdoors. There is daily exposure to dust, dirt, weather, and temperature changes.
To apply, visit https://careers.bucknell.edu/en-us/job/496601/utilities-technician-2nd-shift
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency