Campus Operations Support Manager (7377U) - 12206
Campus Operations Support Manager (7377U) - 12206 About Berkeley
At the University of California, Berkeley, we are committed to creating a community that fosters equity of experience and opportunity, and ensures that students, faculty, and staff of all backgrounds feel safe, welcome and included. Our culture of openness, freedom and belonging make it a special place for students, faculty and staff.
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's leading institutions of higher education, distinguished by its combination of internationally recognized academic and research excellence; the transformative opportunity it provides to a large and diverse student body; its public mission and commitment to equity and social justice; and its roots in the California experience, animated by such values as innovation, questioning the status quo, and respect for the environment and nature. Since its founding in 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world.
We are looking for equity-minded applicants who represent the full diversity of California and who demonstrate a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds present in our community. When you join the team at Berkeley, you can expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative and equity-focused community that approaches higher education as a matter of social justice that requires broad collaboration among faculty, staff, students and community partners. In deciding whether to apply for a position at Berkeley, you are strongly encouraged to consider whether your values align with our Guiding Values and Principles, our Principles of Community, and our Strategic Plan.
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: November 3, 2020
Facilities Services works to maintain a campus built environment that is conducive to teaching, learning and research. We strive to continuously improve the campus in partnership with all members of the campus community. Facilities Services is comprised of the following units: Campus Recycling and Refuse Services, Custodial Services, Environmental Services, Grounds Operations, Shops, Quality Assurance & Customer Service, Sustainability and Engineering Services and People's Park.
- Assist in the management, planning and administration campus operations, Facilities Services business, and administrative operations.
- Assist Campus Operations Director and Managers to develop and manage unit's administrative operational workflow to achieve department's organizational objectives.
- Develop and implement processes and policies to meet unit's goals and objectives.
- Assist with establishing reporting mechanisms to measure unit's progress toward attaining goals and objectives.
- Work closely with operational staff to develop and implement processes.
- Works with campus stakeholders to analyze, recommend and implement change to policies and processes to improve unit performance.
- Understand and review business processes in Asset Management and Facilities Services to attain maximum efficiency.
- Implement new processes, develop and present associated procedures and training.
- Develop and prepare budgets and financial reports for funding which may be complex.
- Perform recharge administration.
- Under the general direction and guidance of the Director Of Campus Operations, coordinate the internal budget process and updates budget plans and operating forecasts.
- Develop recharge proposal for $7+M recharge operations, working with managers to determine assumptions and perform analysis of past performance to validate assumptions for future performance.
- Coordinate the annual internal budget process, and assist in managing operating budgets throughout the fiscal year, including maintaining the department's chart of accounts and updating budget plans and operating forecasts.
- Oversee custodial CCM contracts and approved invoices.
- May supervise a small staff of support employees and/or students.
- Manage the activities of a functional area through several staff members having overall responsibility for a variety of business services to support internal department operations including purchasing, deferred Maintenance, telecommunication equipment; resources such as conference rooms and copy machines; maintenance and distribution of employee contact information and emergency call lists; vehicle maintenance notifications;
- Provide guidance to staff in the implementation of financial policies and procedures, reimbursements, invoice payments, and chart of account structures.
- Provide guidance to other administrative staff in the implementation of financial policies and procedures, invoice payments, and BFS and CalPlanning structures.
- Perform studies for resource plans, including approaches, trends, sources and uses.
- Initiates, designs and provides analytical studies, reports and background materials for financial and resource plans for department and campus.
- Provide analytical support for highly complex budget, financial, and resource projects.
- Participate in implementation of the department's Maximo system.
- Assist in developing processes for ongoing management of data for Maximo and cost and operational data management in support of the Asset Management unit.
- Participate in the implementation of new campus systems/activities as well as new departmental systems by becoming an expert user of the new system, being a resource to FS users, performing analysis, and developing new business processes.
- Assists in the design and drafting of organizational website content; drafts newsletters and correspondence to organizational constituents.
- Thorough knowledge of or ability to learn University rules and regulations, processes, protocols and procedures for budget, account and fund management, and personnel management and/or equivalent experience/knowledge.
- Thorough knowledge of financial analysis and reporting techniques, human resources policies and procedures for staff and academic employees.
- Knowledge of a variety of administrative operations activities such as events planning, basic fundraising processes, risk management planning, website design, accounting and payroll, and contracts and grants regulations and guidelines.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn common University-specific computer application programs and/or equivalent experience/knowledge.
- Interpersonal communication skills to include verbal and written, active listening, critical thinking, persuasiveness, advising and counseling skills.
- Strong skills in short term planning, analysis and problem-solving and customer service.
- Bachelor's degree and/or equivalente experience/training.
- Knowledge or intense training in one or more of the units within Campus Operations ( Custodial, Landscape Services, Waste Management, Sustainability (Zero Waste.) and fire mitigation.
Licenses or certifications, if any:
- CEFP or ability to obtaining it within the first year of been hired.
- Knowledge of APPA.
- LEED Green Associate certification.
- Master's degree and/or equivalent experience/training.
Salary & Benefits
This is an exempt, monthly paid position. Annual salary is commensurate with experience.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see:
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=12206&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency