Adjunct - English Instructor
Adjunct - English Instructor
Adjunct - English Instructor **FOR IN-PERSON INSTRUCTION ONLY**
Salary Range: Paid per credit hour
Position Information and Requirements:
Under the direct supervision of the Dean, provides instructional services; maintains a safe working area and conditions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- This position is for in-person instruction only
- PROVIDES INSTRUCTIONAL SERVICES: Assist with development of course outcomes and curriculum which are consistent with Academic Affairs, department, and technology / program goals; convey course outcomes and expectations to students according to college policy; organize and manage instructional activities; use appropriate learner-centered instructional methods; provide evaluation methods appropriate to stated outcomes; evaluate student learning in a fair manner; posts and maintains sufficient office hours compatible with student schedules; maintain accurate records of evaluation and course work including attendance; submit grades as required and on time; regularly seeks feedback on course delivery and student learning; participate in college evaluation system of instructional services; revise / update courses regularly.
- At all times maintains a safe working area and conditions.
- Master's Degree in English or a master's degree and a cohesive set of at least 18 semester credit hours of graduate coursework relevant to the discipline as defined by Ohio Board of Regents' guidelines
- Minimum of 3 years of experience teaching English Composition
- Experience with online education
- Degree must be from a regionally or nationally accredited institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent as verified by a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services, Inc.
- Evidence of professional development in the field of concentration as demonstrated by activity in professional associations, consultative practice; participation in seminars, workshops, and formal coursework, and individual reading and research.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Strong technology skills including usage of email, student information system, and learning management system
- Organizational, record-keeping, and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of subject area.
- Knowledge of educational theory and application.
- Knowledge of learners and individual learning styles.
- Interest in and commitment to the learner-centered educational process.
- Educational technology skills.
- Caring attitude toward students.
- Learning and self-motivation skills.
- Willingness to extend self to help students succeed.
- Behaves in accordance with Hocking College and Academic Affairs mission, goals, and values.
- Positive attitude.
- Knowledge of safe working conditions.
To apply, visit https://recruitingbypaycor.com/career/JobIntroduction.action?clientId=8a7883d072e8b0dc01734eb99aee3392&id=8a7883d072e8b0dc01736df9f0b43d25&source=elephantjobs&lang=en
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency