Assistant Registrar - Graduate Records
Job location: Worcester
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-10-20
JOB TITLEAssistant Registrar - Graduate RecordsLOCATIONWorcesterDEPARTMENT NAMERegistrar Grad RecordsDIVISION NAMEWorcester Polytechnic Institute - WPIJOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARYManage graduate program records, registration, and degree clearance. Provide accurate information on policies to students, faculty, and staff. Assist Associate Registrar and Registrar with timely communications to graduate students. Monitor curriculum changes and assist with degree audit maintenance.JOB DESCRIPTION
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for all graduate programs and records management requiring in depth knowledge and comprehension of WPI’s programs, and procedures.
- Liaise with department heads and graduate coordinators to create new procedures and improve existing services to support graduate students.
- Serve as departmental liaison to the campus community for questions, problems and information pertaining to the graduate programs, its policies and procedures.
- Coordinate and maintain graduate records for degree clearance purposes.
- Oversee graduate student registration practices.
- Oversee graduate student record maintenance, including full-time status, readmissions and other maintenance.
- Work closely with Registrar during academic review.
- Post graduate student transfer and applied credit. This includes certifying valid documentation has been received, follow up on incomplete material, supervising the posting and notification operations, and serve as liaison for associated problem areas.
- Diploma Ordering/Graduation Preparation.
- Provide direction to Graduate Records Assistant.
- Coordinate registration of special requirement courses, such as comprehensive exams.
- Work with Graduate Admission to ensure student records are created properly. Monitor and maintain records so that transitions from UG or non-degree to graduate degree seeking are made in a timely fashion.
- Work with Associate Registrar – Degree Clearance and Registration to improve processes for graduate students. Work with Associate Registrar – Systems and Operations to document procedures and create and test degree audits for graduate students.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree required. Minimum 2 years of experience in higher education, Registrar’s Office preferred. Experience with student information systems. Ability to exercise good judgement when dealing with a variety of populations and to work well under pressure. Excellent customer service skills, communication skills, organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- Applicants must have demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace and/or commitment to do so as an employee at WPI
- WPI is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We are looking for candidates who can support our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.