Assistant Registrar - Undergraduate Records
Job location: Worcester
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-10-20
JOB TITLEAssistant Registrar - Undergraduate RecordsLOCATIONWorcesterDEPARTMENT NAMERegistrar Grad RecordsDIVISION NAMEWorcester Polytechnic Institute - WPIJOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARYPosition is responsible for undergraduate programs and records management requiring in depth knowledge and comprehension of WPI programs and procedures. Along with undergraduate program responsibilities, this position supports the Associate Registrar and Registrar in the preparation and execution of registration and graduation requirements, and is responsible for transfer credit and the co-op and consortium programs in the Registrar’s Office.JOB DESCRIPTION
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Certify degree recipients CDR’s, projects, audits, certifying information with respective departments, etc. Process degree audit exceptions and waivers. Participate in undergraduate degree clearance activities for all graduations. Communicate with Program Review Chairs and Department Chairs to ensure policies are followed and suggest solutions for students who need assistance reaching graduation. Assist in compiling the information necessary to track the double major candidates for the May graduation.
- Act as lead transfer credit evaluation officer in the Registrar’s Office. Manage the transfer credit evaluation process for current students, and assist with the process for new students. Post transfer and advanced placement credit for all students, and other test credit. Provide benchmarking and suggest process improvements for transfer credit evaluation. Work with academic departments to facilitate the evaluation process. Stay current on changes with test credits and best practices in transfer evaluation.
- Manage the TES transfer evaluation system, including user set up and training.
- Work with the Career Development Center to manage the co-op registration process.
- Manage all consortium registrations for WPI. Advise students on policies. Assist the Registrar to develop systematic tracking methods of students coming in to WPI and our students going out. Work with contacts at other consortium schools to resolve issues and learn best practices.
- Monitor student records for duplicate credits and remove as necessary.
- Assist with testing of degree audit changes.
- Provide input on procedural enhancements and recommend changes if needed.
- Work with Associate Registrar – Systems and Processes to produce documentation of procedures.
- Provide back-up to Associate Registrar – Degree Clearance and Registration for processes related to grade processing and waitlist management.
- Process all Major/Minor Concentration changes, along with the Major Declaration Forms.
- Manage and track minor declarations.
- Assist the K-12 Outreach Program Manager in administering the Project Lead the Way Program.
- Update new undergraduate records with changes, such as declined confirms and residential statuses.
- Manage diploma ordering and proofing for each of the graduations, as well as diploma cases and honors cords.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree required. Minimum 2 years of experience in higher education, Registrar’s Office preferred. Experience with student information systems. Ability to exercise good judgement when dealing with a variety of populations and to work well under pressure. Excellent customer service skills, communication skills, organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- Applicants must have demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace and/or commitment to do so as an employee at WPI
- WPI is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We are looking for candidates who can support our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.