Associate Director of Financial Aid - Office of Financial Aid
FORT VALLEY STATE UNIVERSITY (FVSU), a state and land-grant institution of the University System of Georgia, invites applications for the position of Associate Director of Financial Aid in the Department of Student Affairs & Enrollment Management .
Fort Valley State University, the only 1890 land-grant university in Georgia, is a comprehensive institution that provides an education to over 2,800 students including graduate students. The university is located in the town of Fort Valley in Peach County, the original site of the state's peach industry. Its 1,365-acre (5.52 km2) campus is Georgia's second-largest public university in area.
Under the supervision of the Director of Financial Aid, the Associate Director of Financial Aid will assist with the day-to-day management of the Financial Aid Office including the oversight and management of the Financial Aid and Financial Aid Self-Serve modules of the Ellucian/Banner software systems. This position also coordinates the overall use of technology for the Financial Aid Office and supports this department in its mission to provide quality student service. The Associate Director works closely with the Director of Financial Aid and FVSU IT Department to design and implement effective and efficient financial aid processes. This job may involve working long hours, including evening and weekends, as needed.
- Assists with the overall administration of the Financial Aid Office including, but not limited to, overseeing all systems processing and reporting aspects of the Ellucian/Banner Financial Aid Module, data integrity, user security, troubleshooting errors and problems, system upgrades for both INB and Self-Service, data distribution, electronic file imports/exports, data loads and discrepancies, SQL writing, new year set up, staff training, periodic federal/state data reports, ad hoc reports, CampusLogic, QLess and Automic maintenance and upgrades and primary contact with Ellucian's Financial Aid customer service representatives. Advises the Director of Financial Aid in all financial aid technical matters including upgrades, reports, software problems and hardware upgrades.
- Supervises, trains and evaluates reporting staff. Provides support to all staff regarding office policies and procedures, including, but not limited to reporting and technology.
- Acts as a member of the leadership team for financial aid by providing staff training and participating in the development, documentation, implementation and monitoring of policies and procedures necessary to ensure compliance with federal, state, and institutional regulations.
- Maintains expertise in all areas of financial aid to ensure compliance; identifies regulatory changes will impact the department; participates in off-campus training, as needed; acts as a resources related to relevant rules and regulations; and conducts training to disseminate information to staff.
- Maintains procedures and reports necessary to complete annual federal, state and institutional reporting requirements and prepares report information for review by the Director of Financial Aid.
- Partners with the FVSU Information Technology Division for technical support on financial aid issues and participates in cross-functional working groups and committees.
- Oversee Loan Areas (Direct Loan, PLUS, Private and Perkins), ensuring Direct Loans are reconciled on a monthly basis, aid in resolving all processing issues as related to loans and provide guidance and assistance when needed specifically in the form of regulation interpretation.
- Oversee areas processing federal, state, institutional and third party grants, ensure all accounts are reconciled on a monthly basis and provide guidance and assistance when needed specifically in the form of regulation interpretation.
- Performs special projects and related responsibilities as requested.
- Considerable knowledge and experience implementing technology strategies to streamline daily operations.
- Considerable knowledge of financial aid software program, federal employment, grant, scholarship, and student loan programs.
- Considerable knowledge of needs analysis methodology and financial aid application and verification process along with federal, state and institutional financial aid regulations and requirements.
- Proficiency in the use of financial aid systems with experience in financial aid upgrades, reports, software and hardware upgrades and knowledge of computer software such as Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel).
- Ability to interpret, apply knowledge, and make decisions regarding federal, state and institutional financial aid regulations.
- Ability to work well in a team environment, with a high degree of accuracy, courtesy, timeliness and structure, make independent decisions and use sound judgment.
- Experience writing reports and analyzing data, excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills, conflict resolution and a proven ability to maintain professional communication.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule which includes evening and weekend hours.
- Demonstrated ability to delegate responsibilities and supervise employees, communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing and convey matters to large diverse audiences (students/faculty/staff)
- Bachelor's degree and two years of experience in related field or the equivalent combination of education and training that provides the requisite knowledge, skill, and abilities.
- Master's degree preferred in Computer Information Systems or related field or the equivalent combination of education and training that provides the requisite knowledge, skill, and abilities.
- Knowledge of the Ellucian/Banner system.
- Previous experience providing Financial Aid management and supervision at an accredited institution of higher education.
If you have questions regarding this position, please contact FVSU's Office of Human Resources at [email protected] or (478)825-6301.
Fort Valley State University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution and does not discriminate against applicants, students or employees on the basis of race, gender, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, or marital or veteran status.Fort Valley State Universityhttps://fvsu.applicantpro.com