Administrative Support Assistant I - Pediatrics Administrative
Job no: 514888
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Administrative/Professional, Office/Clerical, Veteran's Preference Eligible
Department:29090100 - MD-PEDS-ADMINISTRATION
Administrative Support Assistant I- Pediatrics AdministrativeJob Description:
The Department of Pediatrics at the University of Florida, College of Medicine is home to more than 120 faculty members and is a leading national program in Pediatrics. Our mission is to expand the frontiers of pediatric clinical care, trainee education, and exceptional pediatric-related research, as we strive for excellence, creativity and innovation.
The department is currently recruiting for an Administrative Support Assistant to facilitate several administrative functions maintained in our IT shared services area.
Responsibilities to include:
- Lead scanning technician and coordinate the digital document archive team. The Department generates a significant amount of physical documents. The candidate will perform lead document scanning and facilitate EPIC and systems access for the rest of the scanning team. Works with Departmental stake holders on current and upcoming scanning projects.
- Perform daily mail and package routing and delivery for the Department. This mission critical function includes sorting and delivery of incoming and outgoing mail. This also includes expedited delivery for refrigerated or sensitive parcels related to clinical and research missions.
- Perform property asset/inventory management for the Department. Process, tag, and inventory incoming assets, including all data containing devices. Perform all property survey/salvage and property transfer requests. Process and track all attractive property records. Assures compliance with UF purchasing and property guidelines.
- Perform annual property inventory. Document and track all capital assets. This includes both onsite and remote assets. Provide guidance on proper tracking of assets.
- Performs annual space inventory report. Interviews faculty PI’s and staff to facilitate documentation of accurate space usage, especially in research areas. Is responsible for Departmental compliance with UF space utilization standards. Also maintains current space allocations in the UF S.T.A.R.S. system throughout the year.
- Performs purchasing related functions for IT related purchases. Initiates, tracks and receives all incoming IT property and data containing items.
- Assists the IT division with special projects. Projects include quarterly offsite device updates, tracking and procuring consumables for central printers and scanners.
- Provides tier one phone based IT helpdesk support during peak and lunchtime hours.
$14.00 - $16.00 per hour; commensurate within this range based on qualifications and experience.
Pay Range Based on Market:
Lower reference point: $31,200 Midpoint: $38,100 Upper Reference point: $45,700Minimum Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent and one year of relevant experience.Preferred Qualifications:
- Familiarity with UF space utilization and effort concepts.
- Familiarity with UF chartfields and accounting standards.
- User level familiarity with UF Health EPIC EHR.
- Familiar with Windows, MS Sharepoint, Excel, and related technologies.
- Competent communication skills; able to interact with stakeholders on relevant projects.
- Able to perform regular tasks with a high level of accuracy.
To be considered for this position, please upload your cover letter or letter of interest, resume, and a list of professional references.
Normal work schedule will be Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm.
This position is eligible for veteran’s preference. If you are claiming veteran’s preference, please upload a copy of your DD 214 Member Copy 4 with your application for consideration. See our Veteran's Preference Page for more specific information.
This is a time-limited position.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.Health Assessment Required:No
Advertised: 19 Oct 2020 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 26 Oct 2020 Eastern Daylight Time