Job no: 514922
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Agriculture/Life Science/Vet Medicine, Communications/Public Relations/Marketing, Executive/Director/Management
Department:60030000 - AG-DEAN FOR ACADEMIC PROGRAMS
Communications ManagerJob Description:
- Responsible for overseeing the creation, production, and evolution of CALS print and digital media including periodicals, primary and certain subsidiary websites, social media, blogs, email communications, photography and videography, news releases, multimedia presentations, support materials for proposals, promotional campaign collateral, and marketing pieces (such as logos, design work, and managing design projects with colleagues). Monitors web and social media analytics and search engine optimization.
- Confers regularly with the Dean, the AVP for UF/IFAS Communications, administrators, advancement/alumni representatives, UF and departmental communicators, faculty, staff and students about college activities and programs to identify and develop communication messages, articles, news releases, and newsletters, particularly print and online publications. Participates with UF/IFAS Communications in formulating strategies for IFAS news, reputation, marketing and communication strategies and operations. Identifies and develops strong story ideas and marketing plans.
- Translates institutional strategies into integrated communications and public relations objectives and tactics and facilitates the development and maintenance of the college’s communications plan.
- Implements integrated communications plans for strategic CALS initiatives and ensures plans are synergistic with the branding and public relations efforts of UF/IFAS, and UF. Participates with other colleges’ senior communicators on the F16 communications committee.
- Identifies key constituent groups both internally and externally and develops and implements innovative communication vehicles to reach them. Works with web, social media, design, video and photography teams and other creative staff to produce collateral materials ensuring brand consistency in message, tone, and look and feel.
- Interprets, recommends, and implements policies and procedures for effective communication in multiple formats. Ensures all print and digital media reflect accurate information prior to distribution.
- Attends and provides support for college-wide events.Expected Salary:
$51,500 - $55,000 annually
Pay Range Based on Market:
Lower reference point: $51,500.00 Midpoint: $66,900 Upper Reference point: $82,300Minimum Requirements:
Master's degree in an appropriate area of specialization; or a bachelor's degree in an appropriate area of specialization and two years of appropriate experience.Preferred Qualifications:
This position requires a diversity of skills and expertise including, but not limited to excellent written and oral communication skills and understanding of commercial print and digital media as well as experience with developing and implementing strategic communications, public relations, and/or marketing campaigns.Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered, please upload the following:
Applications must be submitted by 11:55 pm (EDT) of the posting end date.Health Assessment Required:No
Advertised: 20 Oct 2020 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 03 Nov 2020 Eastern Standard Time