Student: Guest Relations Coordinator
Posting DetailsJob TitleStudent: Guest Relations CoordinatorRequisition NumberSE02756Department Name3J5SE: Student EmploymentWork LocationLexington, KYOn Campus/Off CampusOff CampusSalary Range$13.00 to $15.83 per hourType of PositionStudentPosition Time Status Part-TimePreferred Education/Experience
- College degree preferred
15-35 hours per week
You must be a current UK student to apply to this position.
The Guest Relations Coordinator reports to the Marketing & Community Relations Liaison and works with the Marketing and Development Team, the Residential Services Team and other personnel to develop and execute a strategic and tactical operations plan for Friendship Towers at Sayre Christian Village, a faith-based continuing care retirement community (CCRC) located in Lexington, Kentucky. This position has a potential to grow into a full-time position as the campus grows.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Our Guest Relations Coordinator is at the core of our guest experience and marketing operations. The Guest Relations Coordinator is attentive and aware that the first and last impressions are decisive for our guests. They are quick to answer questions, happily make appointments to show apartments, and assist new clients with ensuring that their move-in goes smoothly, working tirelessly to resolve any issues during the first month residential life.
- Respond to any questions, needs and desires of new residents, and follow up with residents to ensure their requests have been met to their satisfaction
- Respond to new resident’s needs and anticipate their unstated ones
- Answer phones and book appointments to show facilities and apartments
- Welcome, greet and meet customers in lobby, ensuring that each guest is properly received
- Introduce new residents to other residents, helping to onboard new residents into AL/IL life
- Walks new residents to meals & activities to help them orient to new building
- Assist with further developing the onboarding packet/binder for new residents
- Help to facilitate the meetings of the Resident Ambassadors
- Remain a constant source of answers and solutions for our new residents and potential clients, addressing concerns in a timely and professional manner
- Manage and coordinate new client call backs
- Escalate unresolved resident issues to Assisted Living Director for immediate resolution
- Work with other departments to create smooth transitions and teamwork amongst the entire campus
- Learns & updates PCC & the CRM component
- Participates in all aspects of marketing/special events planning and execution
- Recommend changes or adjustments to existing systems to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction
Skills & Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Cheerful, upbeat personality
- Strong customer service background, specifically in the hospitality industry
- Good selling abilities
- Experience with needs assessment techniques, quality standards and satisfaction evaluation techniques
- Excellent problem resolution skills along with outstanding communication and active listening skills
- Strong work ethic and a positive attitude
- Ability to work flexible hours if needed
- Must integrate company values throughout all interactions
- Ability to effectively communicate in English, in both oral and written forms.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing nametag
- Work with minimal supervision
- Maintain composure under pressure
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Anticipated Start Date10/26/2020Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * You must be a UK student to hold this position. Are you a UK student?