Extension Program Leader, Family & Consumer Sciences / 4-H Youth Development
POSITION X2030 Extension Program Leader – Family and ConsumerSciences/4-H Youth Development
LOCATION The University of Tennessee,Institute of Agriculture, Eastern Region Office, Knoxville, TN
EFFECTIVE DATE April 1, 2021. Screening of applicants’ credentialswill begin
November 1, 2020 and continue until the position is filled.SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salaryis commensurate with training and experience. Benefits include grouphospitalization and life insurance, State Employees Retirement; Workers’Compensation; sick and annual leave; numerous University of Tennessee and statebenefits programs, including liberal time off for holidays and longevity payafter three years of service; reimbursement for official travel.JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Extension Program Leader isresponsible to the Regional Director in the Eastern Region for the planning,development, implementation, evaluation and reporting of county and regionFamily and Consumer Sciences and 4-H Youth Development programs in 33 counties.
• Provide leadership fordeveloping, implementing, evaluating and reporting region-wide programs inFamily and Consumer Sciences.
• Provide leadership fordeveloping, implementing, evaluating and reporting region-wide 4-H YouthDevelopment programs in partnership with Agriculture and Natural ResourcesProgram Leader and Region 4-H Specialist.
• Provide programmaticleadership and support for identified priority programs consistent with county,state and national priorities.
• Assist county and areastaff through training, coaching, and support in evaluating and reporting onoutcome-based programs.
• Maintain a close, ongoingworking relationship with the Assistant Dean responsible for Family andConsumer Sciences programs and the Director for 4-H Youth Development. Acollaborative relationship will be maintained with all county staff, regionalstaff and state Extension specialists.
• Maintain a professionalschedule to coordinate multi-county, regional and statewide programs.
• Provide leadership forprograms that meet the needs of all eligible clientele regardless of race,color, national origin, age, sex, disability, religion or veteran status.
• Assist county and areastaff in using effective Extension marketing resources.
• Assist recently employedpersonnel in developing and implementing a Professional Development Plan andwork closely with new employees during their probationary periods.
• Collaborate with theRegional Director in evaluating applicants for county and area positions; serveon search committees as needed.
• Recommend, coordinate,plan, conduct, and evaluate in-service trainings for area and county Extensionprofessionals, in cooperation with leadership teams and specialists.
• Assume other duties asassigned.REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor of Science degreein Family and Consumer Sciences or closely related field.
• Master of Science degreein Family and Consumer Sciences, Extension Education, or closely related fieldof study. An earned doctorate is preferred.
• Extension experience isrequired. County-level Extension experience is preferred.
• A demonstrated ability toplan, implement, organize, work independently, and collaborate effectively.
• Proven track record ofeffective communication including coaching, mentoring, and teaching.
• Must be able to meettravel requirements for the position.
• Working knowledge ofcurrent software programs including Microsoft Office.
· Bachelor’s and Master’s degree required.
· At least one earned degree must be in Family and Consumer Sciences, orExtension Education.
· Earned doctorate or terminal degree preferred.
· A complete application package will include a: 1) letter of interest,2) resume or curriculum vitae, 3) List of relative publications and/orpresentations, 4) List of references (five minimum), and 5) official orunofficial transcripts showing degree(s) conferred.
Apply online at:
1801Downtown West Blvd.
Phone: (865) 577-9963
Fax: (865) 200-4500E-mail: [email protected]
Job: Extension Service Professional
Primary Location: US-Tennessee-Knoxville
Organization: Eastern Region
Job Posting: Sep 1, 2020, 7:56:39 AM