Applications Developer (Multiple Positions)
COM Info Technology ServicesDepartment Website Link:
UAHS - TucsonAddress:
University of Arizona Health Sciences, Tucson, AZ USAPosition Highlights:
The Application Developer’s role is to participate in the planning, designing, and development of all software programs and applications. This is a hands-on technical position requiring experience across the full software development life cycle, with a focus on enterprise web applications. College of Medicine-ITS is responsible for several enterprise applications built on the .NET Framework, MS SQL Server, PHP, and MySQL.
College of Medicine, Tucson, Information Technology Services (ITS) provides secure, reliable, strategic IT solutions and collaborative innovation in consistent with the College's current and future strategic plans.to faculty, students, and staff in the College of Medicine-Tucson. We pride ourselves on being a one-stop shop and working as a liaison to services it does not directly deliver.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work‐life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
As a cost-saving measure related to the impact of COVID-19, Furlough and Furlough-Based Salary Programs have been approved by the Arizona Board of Regents. All new hires subject to the programs will be notified in accordance with adopted Furlough and Furlough-Based Salary Programs guidelines and will be required to comply with all measures. To learn more about the programs and whether this position is affected, please visit hr.arizona.edu/FY-2020-2021-Furlough-Program.Duties & Responsibilities:
- COM-T ITS provides a full suite of information technology services. These include, but not limited to: Desktop and mobile device support, student application management, file storage and backup, research computing consulting, email, application development, web hosting, server management, reporting, data analytics and business analysis.
- Conceptualizes, develops, and support web applications and data integration solutions, while ensuring that software projects meet business requirements, fulfill end-user requirements, and system issues are resolved.
- Documents detailed technical specifications, customizations, features, integrations and software details.
- Collaborates with business analysts, quality assurance team and end-users on the analysis, design, and testing of web applications and system integrations.
- Collaborates with the applications development team, infrastructure team and database team to develop a cohesive, rational, scalable, and adaptable architecture based on business strategy.
- Develops and deploys new features to existing products. Troubleshoots, tests, and maintains software and databases to ensure strong optimization and functionality.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience is typically required.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required.
* Demonstrated understanding of code versioning tools. * Demonstrated expertise in standard-compliant enterprise web applications and database development. * Knowledge of current design practices and technology. * Expertise in turning user requests into manageable, measurable milestones. * Skills in writing technical documentation.* Passion for best practices and a desire to develop new bold ideas. * Strong knowledge of PHP web frameworks, such as Laravel. * Understanding of MVC design patterns.* Knowledge of object oriented programming. * Relationship database concept.* Strong SQL Skills.* AJAX and JQuery experience.* Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively within a small team environment. * Ability to establish, maintain and sustain positive, professional working relationships internally and cross-functionally.* Proven communication skills, problem-solving skills, and knowledge of best practices are critical to successful performance in this role.* Familiarity with the software development life cycle and knowledge of industry best practices for enterprise technology standards and policies. * Ability to actively seek gaps and issues in processes, make recommendations to fix them and execute any improvements.FLSA:
ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Information TechnologyBenefits Eligible:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
$59,828 - $86,417Compensation Type:
salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)Grade:
10Career Stream and Level:
Applications DevelopmentJob Function:
Information TechnologyType of criminal background check required::
Fingerprint criminal background check (security sensitive due to title or department)Number of Vacancies:
2Target Hire Date:
Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
Richard [email protected]Open Date:
10/19/2020Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.