Regional Site Director, LIC, CCB (Clinical Assistant or Associate)(PT, NTE)(College of Medicine...
The Regional Site Director, Payson is responsible for administrative oversight of the College of Medicine – Phoenix medical students rotating in Payson. This position assists with the training of medical students to care for rural and underserved populations as a part of our Rural Health Professions Program (RHPP) mission. This position will prepare medical students for the rewards, challenges and unique patient needs of rural medical practice.
The University of Arizona College of Medicine – Phoenix anchors the 28-acre Phoenix Biomedical Campus in the heart of the Valley of the Sun. The College inspires and trains individuals to become exemplary physicians, scientists and leaders who are life-long learners and inquisitive scholars. We embrace professionalism, innovation and collaboration to optimize health and health care for all. The Phoenix Biomedical Campus embodies the University’s priorities of engagement, partnership, innovation, and synergy in its world-class academic and research initiatives, with clinical facilities throughout Greater Phoenix. The campus also houses the UA Colleges of Public Health, Pharmacy, and Nursing, as well as Northern Arizona University’s College of Health and Human Services, the Translational Genomics Research Institute (TGen) and the International Genomics Consortium.
Asa cost-saving measure related to the impact of COVID-19, Furlough andFurlough-Based Salary Programs have been approved by the Arizona Board ofRegents. All new hires subject to the programs will be notified in accordancewith adopted Furlough and Furlough-Based Salary Programs guidelines and will berequired to comply with all measures. To learn more about the programs andwhether this position is affected, please visithr.arizona.edu/FY-2020-2021-Furlough-Program.Duties & Responsibilities
The Regional Site Director, Payson will:
- Provide administrative oversight of University’s medical students while rotating in Payson.
- Orient medical students to clinical sites or designate another faculty member to do so.
- Familiarize medical students to pertinent safety measures.
- Assure timely completion of student evaluations (to include mid-clerkship feedback and end of clerkship feedback).
- Problem-solve any concerns or issues medical students may have regarding the clerkship, housing, overall learning environment in Payson.
- Participate in weekly to biweekly clerkship director meetings.
- Participate in annual clerkship visits by the clerkship co-director or a designated UA COM faculty member.
- Participate in creation of student schedule while on rotations in Payson.
- Provide summative and formative student evaluations.
- Recruit and evaluate local clinical preceptors.
- Complete frequent student review of MyTip Dashboard progress.
- Customize student clinical experiences to the areas of developmental need based on progress and other parameters.
- Serve on the Clinical Competency Committees that evaluate students for grades in each clerkship specialty area,and assist in assigning specialty area scores.
- Other duties as assigned.
- MD or DO
•Licensed in the State of AZ.
•Resides and practices medicine in rural region of Arizona.Rank To be Determined Tenure InformationNon-Career-Track (NTE)FLSATo Be Determined Full Time/Part TimePart TimeNumber of Hours Worked per WeekVaries Job FTE0.125Work CalendarFiscalJob CategoryTeaching FacultyBenefits EligibleNo Benefits Rate of PayAAMC MD Public Schools for SpecialtyCompensation Typesalary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE) Type of criminal background check required:Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive) Number of Vacancies1 Target Hire Date1/3/2021 Expected End Date Contact Information for Candidates
College of Medicine-Phoenix, Office of Human Resources