Administrative Support Assistant III, TCRC (College of Medicine-Phoenix)
COM Phx Campus AdministrationDepartment Website Link:
Greater Phoenix AreaAddress:
475 N. 5th St., Phoenix, AZ 85004 USAPosition Highlights:
The College of Medicine – Phoenix invites YOU to join our team in the Center for Translational Cardiovascular Research. This position will work closely with the Director to manage the day to day activities of the Center. The ideal candidate will possess excellent organizational skills, be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and a professional demeanor. A high degree of professionalism, organization, discretion, initiative, collaboration and ability to follow instructions while using good judgment and problem solving skills is expected. Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook are essential to daily job functions. The candidate must be capable of performing various tasks independently and under the direction of a supervisor.
As a cost-saving measure related to the impact of COVID-19, Furlough and Furlough-Based Salary Programs have been approved by the Arizona Board of Regents. All new hires subject to the programs will be notified in accordance with adopted Furlough and Furlough-Based Salary Programs guidelines and will be required to comply with all measures. To learn more about the programs and whether this position is affected, please visit hr.arizona.edu/FY-2020-2021-Furlough-Program.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs a variety of administrative duties including document preparation, scheduling, meeting and event coordination, travel arrangements, website updates, record keeping, supply inventory and data entry.
- Prioritizes workload, meetings, and appointments to meet work unit operations. Assists in the coordination and implementation of multiple projects.
- Manage all logistics for meetings (room reservations, technical support, food and beverages, parking arrangements, communication to participants, etc.).
- Creates and updates departmental files, databases and reports.
- Creates and oversees complex record-keeping systems and databases.
- Composes and edits complex internal and external correspondence and documents.
- Analyzes complex information. Laying out information in reports and documents in ways that enhances readability.
- Purchases, including supplies, and bill paying for Finance team, (p-card documentation, DV’s etc) and maintain finance filing systems as required.
- Conduct special projects as directed, including financial projection projects and data gathering for various projects.
- Provides guidance and assistance as needed to students, faculty, researchers and other staff on policies, practices and procedures.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent learning attained through experience required.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience required.
Non-ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Organizational AdministrationBenefits Eligible:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
$16.10 - $24.04 per hour, Depending on ExperienceCompensation Type:
5Career Stream and Level:
Administrative SupportJob Function:
Organizational AdministrationType of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
12/13/2020Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
College of Medicine-Phoenix, Office of Human Resources
10/13/2020Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
Application: The online application should be completed in its entirety. Blank or missed information may be considered an incomplete submission.
Letter of Interest: Should clearly indicate how your skills and professional employment experience meet the Minimum and the Preferred qualifications (if applicable).
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.