Dean Natural Social Sciences Arts Bus.Tech Engr.
About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College’s campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves nearly 14,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that nearly 90** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2018.
**Based on fall 2018 credit enrollment.
Requisition Number: 2020-077
Posting Start Date: 10/19/2020
Minimum Education: PhD
Additional Documentation: YES
Compensation: Commensurate with Experience
Dean Natural Social Sciences Arts Bus.Tech Engr.Description/Job Summary The Dean of Natural and Social Sciences, Arts, Business, Technology and Engineering reports to the Vice President of Academic Affairs at Baltimore City Community College. This is a newly created position and the Dean will be responsible for the realignment and consolidation of the current School of Arts and Social Sciences and the School of Business, Science, Technology, Engineering and Math. As part of the realignment the Dean will work collaboratively to create pathways between workforce and the academy. The Dean is responsible for leadership, curriculum, program development, scheduling, personnel management, and financial accountability for the academic areas within the Division. The Dean will provide leadership and will develop in collaboration with the Associate Deans and program administrators the day, evening, weekend, inter-session, and summer programs with a student first focus. Within the Division he/she will have oversight and work collaboratively on program development, program review, instructional design, and course and program assessment. The Dean works with the VPAA, other administrators, faculty, and staff to deliver integrated instructional programs to promote student success in accordance with the mission, vision, and goals of the College. The Dean will promote the integration between Academic and Student affairs as it relates to advising, the Pre 100 course (Orientation) and student enrollment functions. The Dean fosters, develops and maintains strong relationships with local high schools, four- year institutions and public and community agencies.
- Oversee the coordination of personnel, schedules, resources, and data to meet the needs of the division and enhance the educational effectiveness of programs and services,
- Recommend instructional and general policies, conduct meetings to facilitate planning, data analysis and collegial decision-making.
- Maintain current knowledge of new trends and innovations in community colleges and higher education.
- Provide leadership for accreditation and program review, including the assessment of student learning outcomes.
- Promote excellence in teaching and innovation in curriculum development.
- Facilitate the partnership with high schools to expand the dual enrollment program.
- Develop guided pathways between workforce and the academy.
- Work with faculty to plan for curriculum expansion, modifications, and deletions; and set priorities for resource needs.
- Facilitate academic partnerships among program faculty and four-year transfer institutions.
- Ensure compliance with accreditation and regulatory requirements.
- Work with faculty to identify grant resources to support program development and special projects.
- Work with the Associate Deans to manage fulltime and part time faculty evaluations.
- Supervise and evaluate the performance of assigned professional and support staff.
- Work with the Associate Deans to recruit adjunct faculty and review credentials.
- Provide oversight for the course schedule and the assignment of faculty to courses; and monitor workloads.
- Work with the Associate Deans and Student Affairs to manage content for the college catalog.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- **Please upload a minimum of 7 PROFESSIONAL REFERENCES, including work and cell/home phone numbers, as an additional document***
- Earned Doctorate required from an accredited University.
- Minimum of seven years leadership/ management experience at the Academic Dean, or Academic Administrative level at a university or college with a proven record of fulltime faculty supervision.
- Working knowledge and implementation of assessment activities at the course and program levels.
- Experience in course and program review.
- 7-10 years of fulltime teaching in a college/university.
- Teaching experience within a discipline in one of the academic areas at the College.
- An earned faculty rank at the Assistant Professor level or above.
- Experience in planning and coordinating for the improvement of curriculum and instruction.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in ensuring implementation of student learning outcomes and assessment of student learning.
- Demonstrated commitment to academic excellence.
- A minimum of ten years of experience at the Dean, Department, Division Head, or Center Director level or above with a proven record of fulltime faculty supervision.
- Experience monitoring or overseeing funds provided through grants and contracts with external agencies.
- Experience in developing public and/or private partnerships and securing external funding.
- Experience working with high schools to develop dual enrollment programs.
Competencies and Skills Required:
- Understanding of and commitment to the mission of a comprehensive community college.
- Collaborative leadership style; demonstrated creativity and flexibility in problem solving.
- Current knowledge of best practices in curriculum development and course/program assessment and institutional/specialized accreditation.
- Competency in instructional design including technology enhanced methods of course delivery
- Understanding of innovative pedagogy and instructional design.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in the use of research, statistical analysis, and information technologies.
- Proven ability to provide leadership in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment.
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Applicants needing accommodation for any part of the application and/or hiring process should request the accommodation from The Office of Human Resources office by contacting us at [email protected]
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.
Email this job to a friend ×Subject:Your email address:Recipient's email address:Personal message:I came across this job and thought you may be interested.Human Verification:Send E-mail