CEFS Program Assistant
TemporaryEssential Job Duties:
This position will serve as a Program Assistant with the Community Food Strategies (CFS) and NC Local Food Councils (NCLFC) initiatives of CEFS. This position will support both the general business functions of the initiatives as well as offer program support and logistics. This position will be part of the CEFS Administrative Working Group and will support the CEFS Business Manager in all the business functions of these two initiatives.
Major job responsibilities include:
- Management of various projects at once, including creating and managing systems and timelines, and supporting the project team to adhere to project systems and timelines
- Support timely and accurate communications across multi-organizational project teams, while supporting project team culture
- Communicating with a wide range of stakeholders and the general public
- Some communications support, especially social media management
- Administrative duties
- Event planning assistance and logistics for initiative events
- Management and reconciliation of credit cards
- Processing financial paperwork, including paying invoices through the NCSU invoice payment system, Service Now.
- Management of state travel paperwork for individuals, large conferences, and events
- Constant follow up to ensure paperwork has been processed by the state
- Simple yet crucial AV set up for events, including maintenance and recommendations of replacement schedule of AV equipment
- Data entry and other duties as assigned
Assignments will often be delivered remotely from agents in the field via email and candidate will need to prioritize based on upcoming deadlines. Superior organization and time management skills are necessary. Attention to detail, excellent follow-through, ability to think on your feet, and communicate effectively are vital to success in this position. Candidate must be able to hit the ground running, and be ready to jump into a busy team. Only candidates with an exceptional work ethic will be considered. www.cefs.ncsu.edu for more information on CEFS.
- 40 hours a week. Some nights, early mornings and weekend work will be required during events or busy seasons (1-3 per month). Some overnight travel will be required for events, once the university approves event travel again. Most events are scheduled ahead of time. With exception to certain event blackout dates, schedule is somewhat flexible. Due to the pandemic, we are currently working remotely, but this position will return to the office on campus when NC State University decides it is safe to do so.
NoJob City & State:
CEFS Program AssistantWork Schedule:
20-40 Hours per weekOther Work/Responsibilities:
-BS in Communication, Business Administration, Accounting, Marketing, Sustainability, Environmental Science, Agroecology, Agriculture or related field preferred.Department Required Skills:
-Excellent verbal and written communication skills
-Excellent follow-up, time management and computer and database management skills
-Must be able to lift 25 pounds and stand or sit for extended periods of time
-Extremely reliable and excellent team player in a fast paces environment
-An excellent work ethic and genuine interest in the work of CEFS broadly, and specifically supporting communities in creating equitable food systems
-Openness to collaborative working styles, shared leadership methods, racial equity frameworks for team and community engagement, and creativity
-Experience in a busy office setting
-Experience in an agriculture related field
-Valid Driver’s LicenseValid NC Driver's License required?:
YesCommercial Driver's License Required?:
NoAnticipated Hiring Range:
$15-$20/hrJob Open Date:
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.