Post-Doctoral Research Fellow, Physiology/Pharmacology
Posting DetailsTitlePost-Doctoral Research Fellow, Physiology/PharmacologyCampusStocktonDepartmentPharmacy - InstructionPosting NumberF00345Full or Part TimeFull TimeOpen Date10/19/2020Close DateOpen Until FilledNoDays Per WeekWeeks Per YearPosition Description
The Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, School of Pharmacy at the University of pacific has an immediate opening for a postdoctoral research fellow for a period of 2 years from hire in laboratory of Dr. Villalba-Galea. The fellow will be focused on developing the research program of the Villalba-Galea lab funded by a research grant from NIH awarded to Dr. Villalba-Galea. The position must exercise:
1.Understanding of basic molecular process taking place in proteins.
2.Understanding of kinetic process in electrical activity in cells.
3.Proficiency in collecting and interpreting data from electrical activity in cells.
The mission of the Thomas J. Long School of Pharmacy (the School) is to prepare students for lifelong success in health careers by providing an excellent, student-centered learning environment. We aspire to develop leadership skills in our students and a strong commitment to their professions, to interprofessional collaboration, and to society. These efforts are assisted by linkages across the University of the Pacific (the University) professional and liberal arts programs. We support outstanding professional and graduate teaching, research and other scholarly activity, and services as a means of achieving our mission.Basic Qualifications
Ph.D. in Physiology, Biochemistry, or a related field within the past 5 years.
a) Received a Ph.D. in Physiology, Biochemistry, or a related field within the past 5 years.
b) Proficiency in molecular biology, biochemistry, or organic chemistry.
c) Experience in electrophysiological techniques is highly desirable.
d) Candidates with previous postdoctoral experience must have one or more peer-reviewed publications as first or senior author in a international recognized journal.
a) Training in ion channel biophysics or molecular physiology.
b) Experience with patch-clamp techniques
c) Have peer-review publications in internationally recognized journals.
Work in Standard Physical Laboratory environment.
Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, and Sex Offender Registry SearchSpecial Instructions
Please submit copies of the following documents:
1. Curriculum vitae
2. Cover letter
3. Contact information for at least 3 references. Please upload under “Other Document”
Optional: Statement of research experience
For questions, please contact: Carlos Villalba-Galea, PhD, Assistant Professor, Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Thomas J. Long School of Pharmacy, University of the PacificContact [email protected] Applicants Required to Submit References for This Posting?NoMinimum Number of References3Maximum Number of References3Background Check Statement
Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must pass a criminal background check.AA/EEO Policy Statement
University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you first learn about this employment opportunity?
- University of the Pacific Website
- Association of American Colleges and Universities (AAC&U)
- Chronicle of HIgher Education
- Diverse Issues in Higher Education
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC)
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium - Northern California (NorCal HERC)
- Modesto Bee
- Pacific Employee
- Personal Referral
- Professional or Association Listserv
- Publication or website from a professional organization
- Sacramento Bee
- San Francisco Chronicle
- Stockton Record
- Agency Referral
- Other Online Job Board
- * Pacific participates in federal healthcare programs. As such, a required part of the hiring process is to verify that potential employees have not been excluded from participating in federal programs for mandatory exclusions (including for fraud, controlled substances crimes, patient abuse or neglect, or other program-related crimes) or for other permissive exclusions by the Office of Inspector General. A "Yes" response would be considered disqualifying. Please answer the following question accordingly: Are you currently excluded from participation in federal programs (including Medicare, Medicaid, or any other federal healthcare program)?
- * Pacific participates in federal healthcare programs. As such, a required part of the hiring process is to verify that potential employees have not been excluded from participating in federal programs for mandatory exclusions (including for fraud, controlled substances crimes, patient abuse or neglect, or other program-related crimes) or for other permissive exclusions by the Office of Inspector General. A "Yes" response would be considered disqualifying. Please answer the following question accordingly: Have you received notice that you are under review for possible exclusion from any federal programs (including Medicare, Medicaid, or any other federal healthcare program)?
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document
- Faculty Letter of Reference 1
- Faculty Letter of Reference 2
- Faculty Letter of Reference 3
- Research Program Plan
- Other Document 2