SYSTEMS ANALYST I
SYSTEMS ANALYST I
Posting Number: SRGV4700
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Edinburg, Texas
Department: School of Medicine / Education and Academic Affairs
Scope of Job:
To provide the technical skills necessary to analyze standard business and management problems and to perform modifications to existing system designs. Provide maintenance and support for computing systems, computer labs, and software, as well as monitors and optimizes system performance and diagnoses and corrects system faults for these environments.
Description of Duties:
• Analyzes and modifies existing programs to assist in refining and/or to accommodating changes in systems requirements or equipment configuration.
• Completes departmental requests for electronically maintained data.
• Analyzes computer software/hardware problems and needs; recommends solutions.
• Serves as a liaison between development teams and the internal/external customer or end user.
• Follows an established requirements gathering process to identify requirements. Prioritizes services, events and requests per management guidelines, identifying and implementing approved actions expeditiously and maintaining appropriate levels of confidentiality and sensitive materials.
• Works with administrators, staff, and faculty providing courteous and effective assistance regarding computer system questions.
• Documents actions, access modifications, and activities to provide complete audit trails of identities and access authorizations and changes.
• Responsible for up-to-date processes and maintenance of all related records.
• Actively participates in team projects, provides assistance in area of expertise to supervisor and other team members.
• Participates in application security training and the implementation of application security.
• Supports departmental and university personnel in use of computer systems and programs.
• May develop and present informational/training materials during meetings.
• Assists with the development and documentation of guidelines and business processes.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Specific supervision from assigned supervisor.
May supervise assigned staff.
Bachelor’s degree in appropriate field from an accredited university.
Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or computer information systems, plus industry training in predominate technologies used in business information systems.
One (1) year of related experience.
Experience using computers and working in activities requiring strict adherence to process and a high degree of accuracy.
Use of standard office equipment.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Office Environment; some travel and weekend work is required.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 10/19/2020
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non discrimination in it’s education programs and activities, including employment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956) 665-2451 and/or [email protected]
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/26046
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency