Department Chair in Computer Science - Trident University International
Trident University International is searching for a Department Chair in Computer Science within the Glenn R Jones College of Business.
A Department Chair in Computer Science oversees specific academic areas of the College including the Associates of Science in Cybersecurity (ASC), Bachelors of Science in Computer Science (BSCS) and Certificate in Data Analytics (CBA). The chair also teaches and engages students as assigned. The position is critical to the success of the institution by providing a quality education for the students and ensuring their successful persistence towards the completion of their degree or program. The Department Chair maintains and enhances curriculum using various software and computer science related materials such as TestOut and SAS, engages in scholarly activities and actively participates in University and Community Service, including academic committees and dissertation committees. A Department Chair is a full-time faculty member.
- A Ph.D. in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or a closely related or relevant field specialization. Priority will be given to candidates with background in computer networks, cybersecurity, or ubiquitous computing.
- Must be a Certified Ethical Hacker
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the Cybersecurity Industry.
- The following credentials are preferred: CompTIA A+, Security+, Network+, Certified Information Security Manager, Certified Information Systems Security Professional
- Experience teaching in a higher education setting
- Experience teaching in a blended or fully online environment
- Demonstrated experience in research and knowledge of current trends in the discipline
- Teaching working adults
- Developing academic curriculum.
Skills and Abilities:
- Proven ability to inspire and engage students by delivering the highest quality instruction and support
- Ability to demonstrate academic rigor and fairness in grading
- Ability to provide constructive feedback
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with ability to create and sustain a collegial, collaborative, team-oriented environment
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with ability to formulate feasible and logical solutions on issues such as student engagement and retention
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products with ability to quickly learn new technologies and software