Assistant Coach, Women's Softball
Lynn University is an innovative, global and personalized college based in Boca Raton, Florida. Our 3,000 students are from approximately 100 countries. Our NCAA Division II Fighting Knights athletics program has won 25 national championships (and counting!)
The Chronicle of Higher Education consistently recognizes us as a "Great College to Work For" with high scores in compensation and benefits; work/life balance; job satisfaction; respect and appreciation, and more.
As a Lynn employee, you will help us build a better world with our students. Lynn is currently accepting applications for the position of assistant coach for women's softball. The Assistant Coach for Women's Softball is responsible for assisting the Head Coach with providing a competitive varsity intercollegiate sports program that competes within the rules of the university, Sunshine State Conference and the NCAA.
This role performs responsible program building including, planning, coaching, and recruiting. It will also assist in managing and directing the softball program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the University's mission and athletic department core values of SPIRIT, SERVICE and STRENGTH
- Assists the head coach to plan all activities associated with practice and competition.
- Coordinates team travel arrangements to include transportation, lodging, meals, etc.
- Assists with fundraising efforts to benefit the team.
- Actively travels to recruit high quality student-athletes.
- Monitors academic progress of student-athletes.
- Oversees operational aspects of the program such as upkeep of locker room, team equipment issuance, laundry.
- Communicates with several campus constituents (admissions, athletic administrators, financial aid and faculty).
- Provides planning support for youth sports camps and prospect camps.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
- Previous collegiate coaching experience preferred
- Clean driving record
- High level of professionalism and ethics
Accreditation and equal opportunity
Lynn University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, pregnancy, parenting status, veteran status or retirement status in its activities and programs. In accordance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Lynn University does not discriminate on the basis of sex. Inquiries concerning the application of the non-discrimination policy may be directed to the Lynn University Compliance Officer/Title IX Coordinator at 3601 N. Military Trail, Boca Raton, FL 33431, [email protected], or +1 561-237-7727; or to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights.
Lynn University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award baccalaureate, master's and doctoral degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call +1 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Lynn University. 2020 Lynn University
Americans with Disabilities Act
Please notify us at least five days in advance if a reasonable accommodation for a disability is needed by calling +1 561-237-7290.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with the Clery Act, the University annually provides a report to each student and current employee, as well as to prospective employees and students, that provides a detailed disclosure of information regarding campus security practices (including Emergency Response Plan, Timely Warnings, Emergency Warnings, Missing Persons, fire safety policies, fire prevention data, and Crime Log policies), as well as crime and fire-related incident statistics for the preceding year. The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at lynn.edu/securityreport
For your health, Lynn University is now smoke- and tobacco-free.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.