Campus Safety Officer
Lynn University is an innovative, global and personalized college based in Boca Raton, Florida. Our 3,000 students are from approximately 100 countries. Our NCAA Division II Fighting Knights athletics program has won 25 national championships (and counting!)
The Chronicle of Higher Education consistently recognizes us as a "Great College to Work For" with high scores in compensation and benefits; work/life balance; job satisfaction; respect and appreciation, and more.
As a Lynn employee, you will help us build a better world with our students. Lynn is currently accepting applications for the position of Campus Safety Officer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Foster a quality service approach towards the community to assure all University policies and procedures, and the Division of Student Affairs mission and vision in leading to overall student success and retention are achieved.
- Provide a personalized approach to fulfilling relief position duties (i.e. gatehouse, dispatch, etc).
- Respond to all campus emergencies, crimes in progress, fire alarms, interpersonal conflicts, Title IX incidents, and serious medical emergencies.
- Engage in collaborative teamwork within the Division of Student Affairs, Campus Safety and throughout the University community.
- Investigate and prepare written Incident Reports and other documents in order to ensure a culture of professional conduct, accuracy and ethical standards.
- Monitor and enforce the university-parking program.
- Open and close buildings as prescribed by the Command Communication Center.
- Assist with patrolling special and sporting events as required.
- Monitor assigned patrol area, identify and address suspicious activity.
- Respond to situations and assist in problem resolution through effective communication and maintaining professional composure in all interactions, making reasonable and fair judgements and decisions.
- Protect against unauthorized entry to University campus, buildings, and identify trespassers on University property.
- Support and work closely with local law enforcement agencies to build solid professional relationships and to address any issues effectively and efficiently.
- Be proficient in the use of all access control systems and CCTV's deployed on campus.
- Serve as a first-responder during campus emergencies, including hurricane responses.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Primary schedule is Wednesday 12pm-6pm & Thursday, Friday, Saturday 6am-6pm. Flexibility to work weekends, overnights and other shifts as required.
- Associates Degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have a valid and clear Driver's License and be permitted to drive in the state of Florida.
- Must be willing and able to be certified in CPR/AED.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Candidate should maintain high energy with a strong commitment to student success, enthusiasm and desire to work with students.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point.
- Strong writing and editing skills as well as understanding the importance of composing descriptive incident reports.
- Strong intrapersonal communications skills, both verbal and non-verbal.
- Ability to be creative and forward thinking as to anticipate the needs of those with whom this role interacts.
- Strong ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously while maintaining a commitment to high quality and positive results.
- Strong leadership ability and demonstrated crisis management skills under stressful situations.
- An understanding of how to conduct unbiased investigations and interviews with participants in a variety of potential situations.
Accreditation and equal opportunity
Lynn University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, pregnancy, parenting status, veteran status or retirement status in its activities and programs. In accordance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Lynn University does not discriminate on the basis of sex. Inquiries concerning the application of the non-discrimination policy may be directed to the Lynn University Compliance Officer/Title IX Coordinator at 3601 N. Military Trail, Boca Raton, FL 33431, [email protected], or +1 561-237-7727; or to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights.
Lynn University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award baccalaureate, master's and doctoral degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call +1 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Lynn University. 2020 Lynn University
Americans with Disabilities Act
Please notify us at least five days in advance if a reasonable accommodation for a disability is needed by calling +1 561-237-7639.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with the Clery Act, the University annually provides a report to each student and current employee, as well as to prospective employees and students, that provides a detailed disclosure of information regarding campus security practices (including Emergency Response Plan, Timely Warnings, Emergency Warnings, Missing Persons, fire safety policies, fire prevention data, and Crime Log policies), as well as crime and fire-related incident statistics for the preceding year. The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at lynn.edu/securityreport
For your health, Lynn University is now smoke- and tobacco-free.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.