Job DetailsLevel ManagementJob Location Wheeling University - Wheeling, WVPosition Type Full TimeEducation Level 4 Year DegreeSalary Range UndisclosedTravel Percentage NegligibleJob Shift DayJob Category EducationDescription
- Primarily and independently responsible to assist in registration of all undergraduate and graduate students including:
- Adjusting schedules and evaluating transfer credits; advises students on both CORE and graduation requirements;
- Answers requests of a complex nature, referring those which are highly complex, controversial, or specialized to the Registrar or VP for Academic Affairs such as registration forms, verifications, basic academic policies, and grading issues.
SUMMARYAssist with all aspects of the Registrar’s Office and lead specific projects within the office.
- EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s Degree required. Minimum of three (3) year’s experience in Enrollment Management or Academic Affairs required.
- LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employee of the organization. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentage area, circumference and volume. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- REASONING: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- COMPUTER SKILLS: Proficient in Microsoft Office, email and web-based applications. Experience with and ability to become proficient with Datatel Colleague required.
- OTHER: Ability to work evenings and weekends when necessary. Commitment to implementing the mission, vision and values of a Catholic university.