Student Accounts Program Assistant
Job Title: Student Accounts Program Assistant
Location: Student Financial Services
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 5554
Staff Posting Details
Appointment: Regular, full time (1.0 FTE)
- Ensures accuracy of charges and adjustments to student accounts as a result of enrollment changes Notifies families of updated account balance information resulting from transactions occurring after initial semester billing period (e.g. added meal plans)
- Adjust NSF and failed ePayments, contact families to resubmit payment
- Process same day payment cancellation requests from families submitting payments in error
- Reconcile TN ePayment totals to daily banking totals Ensure daily cashiering is processed with accuracy to the General Ledger for SFS, Dining Services, Finance and Bookstore.
- Assist with AR collection efforts for currently enrolled students
- Graduate Student refunds, parent PLUS Loan refunds, and refunds to undergraduate students
- Refund all financial aid credit balances back to families at the end of each academic year Contact graduated students with small credit balances to donate to the university
- Assist with processing of loan payments, AmeriCorps Forbearances, and cancellation and/or deferment requests received at Puget Sound in the third party loan management (SalNet) system.
- Assists in academic record holds related to loan delinquencies
- Processes monthly ECSI accounting feeds into GL via Journal Generator
- Provide reminders to students who have not completed Perkins Exit Loan Counseling (monthly), contact past due borrowers 60, 90, 120 days past due to get loans back in good standing
- Responsible for collections of past due accounts In House Collections, works with Senior Operations and Ancillary Systems Coordinator on referrals to outside collection agencies.
- Performs review of past due receivable balances, attempts to collect on past due balances and refers to collection agency when necessary
- Write off small balances (<$50) on accounts for those who have left or graduated Manages graduating student payment hold process for those with a balance unpaid end of each semester prior to graduation
- High school diploma and three years’ experience in accounting, business management or equivalent work experience and demonstration of increasing levels of responsibility.Student business or bursar office experience in a Higher Education setting is highly desirableTwo years of work experience to include significant cash handling, financial or account analysis, public contact and customer service. Personal computing competencies to include networks and network shared files, Internet, Microsoft Office applications, Outlook or other electronic mail applications, printing. Student Information System/ERP experience (Banner, PeopleSoft, DataTel, Workforce) experience highly desired.Must have excellent organizational, analytical and communication skills, must maintain confidentiality, composure, and positive working relationships. Must possess superior problem solving abilities and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously. Must work well with a diverse population and work independently yet harmoniously in a team environment. Must be cooperative, patient and demonstrate diplomacy. Ability to successfully work, communicate and provide leadership within a diverse campus community.
- ResumeLetter of Interest
- We acknowledge the richness of commonalities and differences we share as a university community; the intrinsic worth of all who work and study here; that education is enhanced by investigation of and reflection upon multiple perspectives.We aspire to create respect for and appreciation of all persons as a key characteristic of our campus community; to increase the diversity of all parts of our University community through commitment to diversity in our recruitment and retention efforts; to foster a spirit of openness to active engagement among all members of our campus community.We act to achieve an environment that welcomes and supports diversity; to ensure full educational opportunity for all who teach and learn here; to prepare effectively citizen-leaders for a pluralistic world.
var RichTextValue = PTRTEFillcache('https://www2.pugetsound.jobs/psp/HR92PRD_newwin/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL','PT_RTE_IMG_DB_LOC','record://PTRTDB','HRS_SCH_PSTDSC_DESCRLONG$0','1');var TextAreaObject = document.getElementById('HRS_SCH_PSTDSC_DESCRLONG$0');if (typeof(TextAreaObject) != 'undefined' && TextAreaObject != null) TextAreaObject.innerHTML = RichTextValue;