Teacher for Community Youth Development
At Amarillo College, our students are the priority. It is our mission and our responsibility to enrich their lives by helping them identify an educational pathway that will lead to success in life. It is therefore required that every team member, regardless of job title or duties, be responsible, first and foremost, for assisting students in every way.
We are currently seeking Part Time Teachers for our Community Youth Development Program who will adhere to the aforementioned mission statement, and who will teach youth based curriculum and class activities.
GENERAL QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Required: High School Diploma or GED.
Preferred: First Aid and CPR Certification.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
Preferred: Successful Teaching Experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Must enjoy children.
- Maintain a positive attitude under stress.
- Be adaptable.
- Able to follow directions and chain of command.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Report directly to the Site Supervisor.
- Establish clear rules and expectations of the program with students.
- Maintain order and structure during class.
- Be actively engaged and involved with students each day.
- Be able to walk, bend, stand, squat or sit on the floor (with students).
- Be flexible with lesson plan and activity changes.
- Be able to physically respond quickly in an emergency.
- Ensure gym space is safe, clean and organized; establish and maintain that all equipment is safely being used.
- Manage student’s behavioral issues.
- Participate in and complete performance assessments/evaluations as assigned.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- As an Amarillo College employee, seek knowledge of and pledge to actively engage in a culture of caring striving to serve students, peers and the community by embracing the AC Core Values: Wow, Family, Fun, Innovation, and Yes!
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to travel between offices and buildings, and requires the ability to lift, carry, push, pull and/or maneuver office supplies as needed.
Work Environment: Public school setting in the 79107 zip code.
Work Conditions: After school(afternoon hours) and Summer opportunities available. Transportation is a must.
Salary: Aligned with the current published salary scale for the represented position grade, commensurate with experience.
Diversity and Inclusion Statement
Amarillo College is committed to hiring and retaining a racially diverse, culturally competent staff at all levels of the organization who not only reflect the demographics of our clients but also continue to deepen their skills and competencies to serve the full range of our customers.
Promotional Opportunity Policy
Under the Amarillo College Promotional Opportunity Policy, only current appointed or part-time non-appointed employees will be considered for a position during the first five (5) working days from notice or posting.