Test Proctor - Hereford Campus
At Amarillo College, our students are the priority. It is our mission and our responsibility to enrich their lives by helping them identify an educational pathway that will lead to success in life. It is therefore required that every team member, regardless of job title or duties, be responsible, first and foremost, for assisting students in every way.
We are currently seeking a Part Time Test Proctor who will adhere to the aforementioned mission statement and who will be responsible for providing support and assistance for our Hereford Campus.
GENERAL QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Required: High School Diploma or GED.
Preferred: Some College Coursework.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
Required: 2 years of clerical office or basic information technology experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Attention to detail.
- Proficient Communication Skills (interpersonal, verbal, and written).
- Customer Service Mindset.
- Dependability and Integrity.
- Current Microsoft Office Skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
- Service Oriented.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Proctor and administer individual student exams.
- Monitor student exams to ensure receipt of testing accommodations.
- Maintain exam security throughout process.
- Manage Test Schedule Forms and other proctored testing requests.
- Communicate with supervisor and faculty regarding testing.
- Document testing misconduct or irregularities and notify supervisor in that case and in the instance of a breach in test security.
- Package exams prior to administration and for delivery to faculty upon completion.
- Return exams to faculty upon completion.
- Manage testing records and logs securely and with integrity.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding student testing and case information.
- Cooperate with other college offices regarding testing.
- Greet students, faculty, staff, and the general public with a high level of professional at all times, especially when dealing with resistance or hostility.
- Collect Test Schedule Forms and other paperwork presented by students.
- Direct students to sign in and out for testing appointments, tutoring, and lab usage.
- Provide general information to callers and guide them to the website as appropriate.
- Control and protect paper and computer passwords.
- Participate in and complete performance assessments/evaluations as assigned.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- As an Amarillo College employee, seek knowledge of and pledge to actively engage in a culture of caring striving to serve students, peers and the community by embracing the AC Core Values: Wow, Family, Fun, Innovation, and Yes!
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to travel between offices and buildings, and requires the ability to lift, carry, push, pull and/or maneuver office supplies up to 50 pounds, as needed. Must be able to sometimes sit or stand for long periods of time.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional testing center environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copy machines, and filing cabinets.
Salary: Aligned with the current published salary scale for the represented position grade, commensurate with experience.
Diversity and Inclusion Statement
Amarillo College is committed to hiring and retaining a racially diverse, culturally competent staff at all levels of the organization who not only reflect the demographics of our clients but also continue to deepen their skills and competencies to serve the full range of our customers.
Promotional Opportunity Policy
Under the Amarillo College Promotional Opportunity Policy, only current appointed or part-time non-appointed employees will be considered for a position during the first five (5) working days from notice or posting.