Materials Handler Assistant
At Amarillo College, our students are the priority. It is our mission and our responsibility to enrich their lives by helping them identify an educational pathway that will lead to success in life. It is therefore required that every team member, regardless of job title or duties, be responsible, first and foremost, for assisting students in every way.
We are currently seeking a Part Time Materials Handler Assistant in our Central Receiving and Records Department who will adhere to the aforementioned mission statement, and who will assist the Materials Handler in receiving and inspecting freight and UPS/FedEx shipments addressed to the College and to deliver merchandise to appropriate campus locations.
GENERAL QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Required: High School Diploma or GED.
Preferred: Some College Courses.
- Valid Texas Class C Driver’s License with a Good Driving Record.
- Forklift License or the ability to obtain Forklift License.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
Preferred: One-year experience in shipping/receiving.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Knowledge of policies, procedures, rules and regulations for the college
- Knowledge of shipping procedures and practices.
- Ability to pay special attention to detail.
- Ability to deal with people in a professional manner Ability to maintain a neat and clean appearance.
- Ability to maintain equanimity in the face of resistance, indifference, or hostility Ability to work independently and as team member.
- Ability to work under stress.
- Knowledge of college and department policies and procedures, safety rules and regulations.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accept delivery of freight and UPS/FedEx shipments.
- Inspect merchandise to ensure it is for the college, undamaged, quantities match description match, and meets order specifications.
- Prepare receiving reports.
- Deliver merchandise to appropriate campus locations.
- Process information for damaged freight claims, packages, labels.
- Arrange for shipping of outgoing freight.
- Maintain and Provide computer listings of open purchase orders with undelivered items after appropriate time lapse to the Purchasing Department.
- Maintain material handling equipment.
- Promote continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices Complete all work related paperwork in a neat, orderly and timely manner.
- Comply with all college, state and local procedures, rules and regulations.
- At times, work under stress and/or meet rigorous deadlines.
- Work independently and as a team member.
- Exhibit professional behavior while assisting with the needs of students, faculty, staff, visitors and co-workers.
- Conduct self with professionalism and respect toward others.
- Comply with all college, state and local procedures, rules and regulations. Observe and promote continual improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- As an Amarillo College employee, seek knowledge of and pledge to actively engage in a culture of caring striving to serve students, peers and the community by embracing the AC Core Values: Wow, Family, Fun, Innovation, and Yes!
Diversity and Inclusion Statement
Amarillo College is committed to hiring and retaining a racially diverse, culturally competent staff at all levels of the organization who not only reflect the demographics of our clients but also continue to deepen their skills and competencies to serve the full range of our customers.
Promotional Opportunity Policy
Under the Amarillo College Promotional Opportunity Policy, only current appointed or part-time non- appointed employees will be considered for a position during the first five (5) working days from notice or posting.