At Amarillo College, our students are the priority. It is our mission and our responsibility to enrich their lives by helping them identify an educational pathway that will lead to success in life. It is therefore required that every team member, regardless of job title or duties, be responsible, first and foremost, for assisting students in every way.
We are currently seeking an Night Custodian who will adhere to the aforementioned mission statement, and perform duties primarily related to general policing of buildings combined with deep-cleaning assignments and assisting in the preparation of classes and special events.
GENERAL QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Required: Completion of Sixth Grade.
- Preferred: High school diploma or GED.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
- Required: Six months of experience in custodial or cleaning, including scrubbing and waxing floors and using power equipment.
- Preferred: Two years of experience in custodial or cleaning in a commercial setting, including scrubbing and waxing floors and using power equipment.
CERTIFICATES and LICENSES:
- Preferred: Valid Texas Class C Driver’s License with a 3-year safe driving record.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of proper methods of lifting and moving heavy objects
- Knowledge of safety rules and regulations with toxic cleaning agents
- Knowledge of powered cleaning equipment
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Clean, sweep, mop, scrub, strip, wax, and polish floors.
- Clean, vacuum, and dust carpet, upholstery, drapes, and furniture.
- Wash windows, blinds, glass doors, and stair rails.
- Maintain various office and building meeting/kitchen areas, rooms, appliances, and furniture.
- Clean, sanitize, service, and maintain drinking fountains and restroom facilities and dispensers for usability.
- Clean chalkboards, erasers, and whiteboards.
- Collect and properly dispose of trash.
- Stock needed supplies and materials. Communicate needed supplies and materials to supervisor in a timely manner.
- Open and/or close buildings and classrooms for and after daily use.
- Set up and “tear down” tables and chairs for classes and/or special events.
- Responsible to remain awake, alert and visually observant during assigned shift.
- Participate in and complete performance assessments/evaluations as assigned.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- As an Amarillo College employee, seek knowledge of and pledge to actively engage in a culture of caring striving to serve students, peers and the community by embracing the AC Core Values: Wow, Family, Fun, Innovation, and Yes!
Physical Demands: Requires the ability to walk, stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb, push, stretch, bend, climb/work on ladders/scaffolds, and get down to work on hands and knees. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Working Conditions: This is a night position. May be required to work a flexible schedule (weekends, holiday's, varying events, etc., if necessary.)
Work Environment: This position operates in various campus buildings and rooms. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles and outside weather conditions.
Salary: Aligned with the current published salary scale for the represented position grade, commensurate with experience.
Diversity and Inclusion Statement
Amarillo College is committed to hiring and retaining a racially diverse, culturally competent staff at all levels of the organization who not only reflect the demographics of our clients but also continue to deepen their skills and competencies to serve the full range of our customers.
Promotional Opportunity Policy
Under the Amarillo College Promotional Opportunity Policy, only current appointed or part-time non-appointed employees will be considered for a position during the first five (5) working days from notice or posting.