Clinical Business Operations Representative
Job location: Miami, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-10-16
Current Employees:If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.Transforming LivesThe University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
The Patient Access department at Bascom Palmer Eye Institute is actively seeking a Clinical Business Operations Representative. This position reports to the Supervisor, Clinical Business Operations and is responsible for independently performing all the functions related to On-site Patient Access, Ancillary/Clinic Support Services and Providers’ clinical activities within the assigned clinical area/service line. This position supports UHealth’s vision, mission, goals and objectives by providing efficient patient support services and demonstrating a commitment to service excellence.
- Assist with the coordination of the day to day providers’ clinical activities within the assigned clinical area/service line.
- Ensures that clinic exam rooms are clean, orderly, and well stocked with necessary supplies
- Reboots exam room computers and ensures before start of clinic and ensures all applicable software are functioning properly.
- Prints appointment arrivals, verifies testing pre-ordered by the providers, ensure testing are financially cleared.
- Initiates financial clearance by contacting onsite insurance verifier, international department, worker’s comp department.
- Links arrived appointments to the designated area and updates event log through EMR portal
- Logs patient time of arrival on Daily Physician Schedule ensuring that all patients are accounted for.
- Assists with starting UChart and Merge software images for providers prior to rooming patient.
- Responsible for rooming patients and ensuring timely exam room turnover.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job descriptions are not intended, and should not be construed to be an exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, and efforts or working conditions associated with a job. Management reserves the right to revise duties as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent; Bachelor's preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English. Multilingual (English/Spanish, English/Creole, English/French, English/Arabic) a plus.
- Must possess excellent, critical thinking, analytical, troubleshooting, problem resolution, and customer service skills.
- Must be able to function independently and exercise sound judgment in making decisions consistent with departmental guidelines/objectives.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and float to multiple areas as needed
- Punctuality, attendance, flexibility and adaptability are essential in order to meet departmental needs and ensure appropriate clinic flow.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with physicians, co-workers, other departments and patients of all ages, and from across a broad range of cultural and social economic backgrounds.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Ability to work as an integral team member under minimal supervision, in a fast-paced, complex and highly stressful environment
- Ability to coordinate, prioritize, and organize work and patient flow.
- Ability to show tolerance and sensitivity in stressful situations and safeguard confidential information in accordance with established policies and HIPAA laws.
Computer literate and ability to use multiple systems and acquire proficiency in the following electronic systems: UChart Cadence/Prelude/Enterprise Billing, Availity, Radiant, PACS, Merge, Intellidose, Experian and all online verification systems used by contracted payors.
Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience and/or certifications may be considered.
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:Full timeEmployee Type:StaffPay Grade:c103