Student Records Assistant Sr. #497562
Posting DetailsPosting Number20112019Position TitleStudent Records Assistant Sr. #497562FTE1.00Position TypeStaffDepartmentRegistrarJob Summary/Basic Function
PRIMARY DAILY RESPONSIBILITY: Processes LU & LIT student record requests
Assists the Records office by maintaining student demographic records as well as registration functionality.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
This position maintains student demographic information and processes all changes to those demographics – including name, date of birth, social security number, address and phone number changes. This person assists with student registration – processing course additions and drops as well as withdrawals – and processes major change requests.
Additional duties include maintaining the scheduling setup and maintenance. This position assists with the grading process –
monitoring grading deadlines, identifying missing grades and mass entering grades when needed.
This position maintains immunization records requirements, processing incoming student records in reference to these requirements.
Qualifications and Experience:
High School Diploma or GED required
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Position typically has no responsibility for supervision or direction of others.
Personal contacts are with employees within the work unit and/or general public, including students, in a highly structured situation which involves obtaining, clarifying, or giving facts or information.
This job title performs the duty assignment after receiving detailed instructions as to methods, procedures, and desired end results with little room for deviation. The immediate supervisor may, at times, provide close and constant review.
This job title requires the use of standard technical skills appropriate to the work environment of the organization.
This job title as no budgetary responsibility.
Lamar University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.Veteran's Preference Statement
Lamar University is proud to provide employment preference to veteran applicants in accordance with Texas 805 Government Code, Section 657.003.Preferred QualificationsSecurity Sensitive Statement
This position is security-sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of the Texas Education Code §51.215, which authorizes the employer to obtain criminal history record information.Salary$22,656Work Hours Posting Date10/16/2020Close Date10/23/2020Open Until FilledNoSpecial InstructionsPosting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you claiming Veteran's Preference in accordance with Texas Senate Bill 805, Section 657.003? PLEASE READ IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS: To be considered for Veteran's Preference, applicants must complete and email to [email protected] a Standard Form 15 located at https://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/sf15.pdf to include the required documents per the instructions on the form. Emails MUST also include position titles and posting numbers for each and every position applied for. APPLICANTS WHO FAIL TO EMAIL ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS BEFORE A POSTING CLOSES WILL NOT BE AWARDED VETERAN'S PREFERENCE.
- * What is the highest level of education have you obtained?
- Bachelor's Degree
- Associate's Degree
- Technical School Diploma or Certificate
- Some College Credits
- High School Diploma or GED
- * In what subject did you receive your highest degree?
(Open Ended Question)
- * The Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB) maintains a list of Institutions Whose Degrees are illegal to Use in Texas. You can search for your institution on the THECB website at: http://www.thecb.state.tx.us/index.cfm?objectid=3D2801D0-1C9F-11E8-BC500050560100A9. Copy and paste this link into a web browser in order to search under "Fraudulent or Substandard Institutions" for your college/university attended for your degree. Please check your answer BEFORE you submit your application. HR is not responsible for checking your answer nor resubmitting your application back into the pool if you do not answer this question correctly.As part of your educational qualifications for this position, are you claiming a degree from any of the institutions listed on the THECB website referenced above?
- Yes, my institution IS on this list & IS Not accredited.
- No, my institution is NOT on this list & IS accredited.
- * Do you have previous experience using Microsoft Access or another database program?
- * How many years of secretarial/clerical experience do you have?
- 6 months to 1 year
- 2 years
- 3-4 years
- 5-6 years
- 7+ years
- Letter of Interest
- Official Transcript 1