Job location: Pasadena, CA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-10-16
The Facilities Manager is responsible for the smooth daily operation of the College and its facilities. This includes maintaining and ensuring college’s buildings and campus operations, office services and efficiency, and maintaining office records. The incumbent must possess strong organizational abilities, proficiency with computers and other technology, excellent written and verbal communication skills, focused attention to detail and ability to follow-through on assigned projects.
This position is located in Pasadena and reports directly to the AVP of Financial and Administrative Operations..
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Manage new hire and current office set-ups including, classroom set-up, special events set-ups, workspace/workstation planning, ordering desk supplies and furniture supplies;
- Maintains and ensures college’s buildings and campus operations as well as office services efficiency, by planning and implementing office systems, policies and procedures, layouts, and equipment procurement.
- Responsible for negotiating pricing and contract terms with prospective vendors/suppliers
- Engage and maintain working relationships with contractors and vendors
- Responsible for maintaining overall facilities safety and risk management
- Make necessary purchases for the College including office and kitchen supplies
- Supervise Operations Services Assistant and ensures timely processing and distribution of mail, including daily collection/distribution of overnight courier packages and timely ordering of all recurring and special purchases for the organization are complete.
- Supervise Facilities Maintenance Worker I to ensure that minor repairs to building, facilities and general maintenance and custodial services are properly provided to the Pacific Oaks College and Children’s School Campus.
- Partner with Pacific Oaks Children’s School Office Manager to ensure critical and seasonal facilities projects are complete and offer additional guidance/support when necessary.
- Manage the College security system including badging process and security services details..
- Acts as the primary liaison on all facilities matters, including: ensure facilities are clean, well-maintained and secured; establish relationship with building management, cleaning crews and other vendors as necessary. Acting as the liaison with Property Management on any issues relating to all other buildings occupied by other tenants
- Work closely with all college’s and school’s staff and establish positive rapport
- Provides historical reference by coordinating on-site and off-site storage maintenance for retention, protection, retrieval, transfer, and disposal of records.
- Attends and/or manage meetings related to facilities matters and general office management.
- Assist with the development and implementation of processes and procedures as deemed necessary to successful operations.
- Develop and maintain inventory controls where needed.
- Provide regular communication to the AVP of Financial and Administrative Operations on updates, discuss challenges, and formulate strategies.
- Assist with events management and related logistics.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Excellent supervisory skills required
- Must have and maintain a customer-centric focus
- Ability and willingness to go above and beyond job requirements is essential
- Task oriented with capability to work independently
- Analytical and results oriented with demonstrated strong decisions making/problem solving skills
- Strong time management skills
- Technologically savvy with knowledge of various software programs including MS Office.
- Must be able to walk frequently throughout campus buildings while executing and overseeing multiple projects at the college and children’s school
- Ability to drive own car between Pacific Oaks College, Pacific Oaks Children’s School, and other local establishments as needed.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Demonstrate sound work ethic and flexibility
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team building skills
- Effective organizational, verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering information.
- Demonstrates punctuality and adheres to appropriate attendance standards.
- Communicates with members of the College and Children’s School community openly, directly, promptly and constructively
- Maintains a high level of professionalism and confidentiality with faculty, teachers, and staff.
- Associates Arts degree required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of 3-6 years of experience in Office Administration, Office Services and Operations and or Building Management
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Experience in educational campus preferred
- Number of exempt employees this position supervises: 0
- Number of non-exempt employees this position supervises: 2
- Computer/keyboard; telephone w/headset; calculator; copier/scanner; stapler.
- Percent of time driving/travel is required: 0%
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Indoor/office; temperature about 70 degrees.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (based on a typical week):
C = Constant(over 66% of time)
F =Frequent(34%-66% of time)
O = Occasional(1%-33% of time)
- Lifting/carrying under 10 lbs. – F
- Lifting/carrying 11-20 lbs. – O
- Lifting/carrying 21-50 lbs. – O
- Lifting/carrying 51-100 lbs. – O
- Pushing/pulling under 10 lbs. – F
- Pushing/pulling 11-20 lbs. – O
- Pushing/pulling 21-50 lbs. – O
- Pushing/pulling 51-100 lbs. – O
- Reaching outward – F
- Reaching over shoulder – F
- Reaching over head – F
- Sitting – C
- Standing – C
- Bending – C
- Climbing – O
- Crawling – O
- Walking on normal surfaces – C
- Walking on uneven surfaces – C
- Repetitive motion (hands) – O
- Repetitive motion (feet) – O
Pacific Oaks offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of diversity and social justice. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical, vision, and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, 403b with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition discount, and other perks.
Pacific Oaks is an affiliate of TCS Education System. To apply for this position or others, visit our Careers’ Page at: www.pacificoaks.edu
Pacific Oaks participates in E-Verify and verifies identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Pacific Oaks offers equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, parental status, housing status, source of income or military status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.