Coordinator of Special Populations #999977
Posting DetailsJob Summary / Basic Function
SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION: Within the division of Student Success, the Coordinator of Special Populations will provide support to Student Services. This position will offer services to Special Populations (low-income youth and adults, homeless, dislocated workers, single-parents, English learners, and economically disadvantaged families), Veterans and will serve as Title IX Coordinator. This position will provide educational advisement to new, current, and prospective students concerning academic degree, admission, registration, and other student supportive services and assist the division to accomplish institutional goals and objectives.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
•Remain current on State, Federal, System, and Institutional policies, procedures and laws.
•Review, assess, and recommend academic accommodation for students with disabilities.
•Work with Institutional Research to identify, track, and evaluate special population student enrollment, retention, and completion data.
•Identify root causes of attrition among special population students and create and implement action plans.
•Assist special population students by referring them to campus and community resources.
•Coordinate and proctor tests for students with accommodation needs.
•Serve as LIT’s Title IX Coordinator.
•Coordinate sexual misconduct investigations.
•Prepare reports for TSUS, the coordinating board and LIT administration.
•Serve as LIT’s veteran liaison assisting veterans in acquiring their benefits.
•Advise prospective and current students on a campus-wide basis regarding program planning, course selection, schedule changes, transferability, and course withdrawals.
•Provide assistance to students, parents and community agencies with accurate and up-to-date information, which will assist in making sound educational decisions.
•Participate in new student orientations and Student Success programs as directed.
•Offer exceptional customer service in a student-centered, professional environment at all times.
•Crosstrain and learn all aspects of Student Success.
•Evenings and weekends may be required.
•Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education Required: A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited university.
Minimum Qualifications: One year of work experience in a related field in either the private sector, with a state agency, or higher education.
Lamar Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.Preferred Qualifications
Preferred Education: A master’s degree from a regionally accredited university.
Preferred Qualifications or Skills: Two years or more of work experience (in TIX or special populations) and above average skills in the utilization of computer systems, Banner, Argos, and Microsoft Office applications.
This position is security-sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of the Texas Education Code §51.215, which authorizes the employer to obtain criminal history record information.Salary$40,500Work HoursOpen Date10/16/2020Open Until FilledYesClose DatePosting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * The Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB) maintains a list of Institutions Whose Degrees are illegal to Use in Texas. You can search for your institution on the THECB website at: http://www.thecb.state.tx.us/index.cfm?objectid=3D2801D0-1C9F-11E8-BC500050560100A9. Copy and paste this link into a web browser in order to search under "Fraudulent or Substandard Institutions" for your college/university attended for your degree. Please check your answer BEFORE you submit your application. HR is not responsible for checking your answer nor resubmitting your application back into the pool if you do not answer this question correctly. As part of your educational qualifications for this position, are you claiming a degree from any of the institutions listed on the THECB website referenced above?
- Yes, my institution IS on this list & IS Not accredited.
- No, my institution is NOT on this list & IS accredited.
- * Are you claiming Veteran's Preference in accordance with Texas Senate Bill 805, Section 657.003? PLEASE READ IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS: To be considered for Veteran's Preference, applicants must complete and email to [email protected] a Standard Form 15 located at https://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/sf15.pdf to include the required documents per the instructions on the form. Emails MUST also include position titles and posting numbers for each and every position applied for. APPLICANTS WHO FAIL TO EMAIL ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS BEFORE A POSTING CLOSES WILL NOT BE AWARDED VETERAN'S PREFERENCE.
- * What is the highest level of education have you received?
- Associate's degree
- Bachelor's degree
- Master's degree
- * In what subject did you receive your degree(s)?
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please rate your knowledge and experience of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook).
- No Experience
- Beginner - Knowledge of MS Office Programs (Word & Excel)
- Intermediate - Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, & PowerPoint)
- Moderate - Knowledge & Experience with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Access)
- Expert - Knowledge & Experience using MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, & Outlook)
- * How many years of academic advising/recruiting experience do you have?
- 6 months to 1 year
- 2 years
- 3-4 years
- 5+ years
- * This position may require working evenings and weekends. Can you meet this requirement?
- * How many years of experience do you have with managing a Title IX program at a higher education institution?
(Open Ended Question)
- Letter of Interest
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Unofficial Transcript 2