Admissions Assistant Director
Position DetailsUNT System Overview
Welcome to the University of North Texas System, or UNT World as we like to call ourselves. UNT World includes the University of North Texas in Denton, the University of North Texas at Dallas and the University of North Texas Health Science Center in Fort Worth. We are the only university system based exclusively in the robust Dallas-Fort Worth region and we are committed to transforming lives and creating economic opportunity through education. Over the past decade, combined UNTS enrollment has grown by more than 25 percent to nearly 44,000 students.Posting TitleAdmissions Assistant DirectorDepartmentDAL-CoL Dean's Off-517000Job LocationDowntown DallasFull Time/Part TimeFull-TimeSalary InformationSalary Commensurate with ExperienceDepartment Summary
The UNT Dallas College of Law is meeting our goal to widen access to legal education. We believe a community’s lawyers should be as diverse as the communities they serve. We are committed to serving a wide range of students who have the potential to be successful lawyers. The UNTD College of Law seeks students with the desire and ability to become excellent legal professionals. The College of Law also seeks to enroll a diverse student body with a variety of perspectives, experiences, and viewpoints that will enhance the education of all its students.Position Overview
The Assistant Director of Admissions serves as the primary point of contact for prospective students interested in the College of Law, as well developing and implementing innovative methods for national, state and local recruitment of applicants. The Assistant Director counsels’ undergraduate students, second career applicants, and prelaw advisors on admission to the College of Law. The Assistant Director responds to questions from prospective and current applicants concerning the general admissions process, the status of applications for admissions, and the program of legal education at the College of Law. The Assistant Director works with the Assistant Dean for Admissions and Scholarships to develop scholarship strategies and proposed scholarship awards. This position reports directly to the Assistant Dean for Admissions and Scholarships.Minimum Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree and five (5) years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
•Extensive knowledge of University admissions standards, policies, and procedures, and special admissions procedures.
•Extensive knowledge of University curriculum and academic policies and procedures, and of the training and qualifications needed to perform University academic work satisfactorily.
•Excellent written and oral communications skills.
•Excellent presentation skills and counseling skills.
•Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
•Ability to supervise, train, and plan work of subordinates.
•Knowledge of safety and security precautions appropriate to work performed.
•Ability to work independently or as a member of a team.
•Skill in use of a personal computer, Microsoft office and/or other software.
• J.D. (Juris Doctor) degree.
• Two or more years of admissions and/or student affairs experience.
• Professional experience with diversity and inclusion initiatives.
• Experience with ACES or comparable database management system.
• Two or more years of of supervisory experience.
Monday – Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm, with varied evening and weekendsDriving University VehicleNoSecurity SensitiveThis is a security sensitive position.EEO Statement
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.Classification TitleAdmissions Assistant DirectorPhysical RequirementsLifting up to 25 pounds, Pulling , Pushing, Reaching, Sitting, Squatting, Stooping, Bending, Standing, Walking, Writing, Grasp Job Duties o
• Promote and support the University’s vision, mission, and philosophies.o
•Recruits prospective students and applicants by developing and implementing internal and external recruitment strategies.o
• Responds to inquiries or requests from prospects.o
• Maintains computerized records of prospects and contact persons and produces timely reports using the information in the data base.o
• Assists with the development and implementation of postdoctoral training programs.o
• Advises students and families about decisions, finances and the application process.o
• Oversees admissions processes and documentation and is responsible for making final decisions.o
• Schedules campus tours and oversees the training of tour guides.o
• Evaluates admissions activities, enrollment and complaints to adjust strategies.o
• Under minimal supervision, assumes a variety of administrative functions in the processing, tracking and data entry of applicant files and the supporting materials including test scores and data cleaning.o
Performs other duties as assigned.Posting NumberS1208PPosition End Date (if temporary)Special Instructions to ApplicantsQuicklink for Postinghttp://jobs.untsystem.edu/postings/40002Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a bachelor's degree?
- * How many years of experience do you have in this type of position?
- Cover Letter
- List of Names and Contact Information for 3 references
- Letter of Recommendation