Job no: 497984
Work type: Staff
Location: San José
Categories: Unit 9 - CSUEU - Technical Support Services, Administrative, Student Services, Probationary, Full Time
The Administrative Analyst will be responsible for analysis and execution of administrative operations and development and execution of both internal and external communications within the Bursar’s Office. This position is responsible for complex tasks regarding the planning and maintenance of communication plan, assisting in the departmental budget, acting as the University Personnel liaison and office digital/online presence. Additional responsibilities include ensuring compliance with federal, state, CSU and SJSU regulations, providing administrative and technical support for the day-to-day operations of the Bursar Office and assisting with providing outstanding customer service to students and parents.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining a comprehensive communication plan for the unit as it relates to various services of the Bursar’s Office
- Responsible for all student communications, including but not limited to, PeopleSoft messaging and working with outside vendors for sending letters to students/parents
- Writes and edits print, web, MySJSU Messaging, email and social media content for both internal and external audiences
- Manage all digital/online presence for the Bursar’s office, such as but not limited to website and social media channels
- Responsible to overseeing the 1098T filings and satisfying reporting requirements
- Manages the student refund processing, ensuring the timely postings to student accounts for Title IV and other financial aid
- Collaborates with Financial Aid Office and Accounting Office to maintain the accuracy of financial aid disbursements to student accounts, including reconciliation
- Responsible for the Financial Aid Notification process to ensure students and parents are notified of financial aid disbursements to meet Federal guidelines
- Responsible for running various reports to identify credit balances and disbursements
- Oversees the departmental budget, including preparing requisitions, direct payment and reimbursement vouchers
- Responsible for managing the Barnes & Noble First Day Solutions and Voucher Program, including reconciliation of programs
- Oversees the enrollment cancellation process and tracks information for year to year comparison
- Administers all departmental employee recruitments and coordinates the recruitment, interview, and hiring process of all new employees
- Responsible for the department’s new staff and manager employee orientation programs
- Consults University Personnel and provides accurate and timely information to managers, supervisors, and employees who seek information
- Provides support in managing and answering telephone, live chat, e-mail inquiries, and other student communication platforms
- Conducts various presentations, i.e. Freshman and Transfer Orientations
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to quickly learn and apply a variety of state, federal, CSU and SJSU policies and procedures
- Sound project management skills and ability to plan and organize multiple projects with established deliverables and timelines
- Knowledge of handling budgets including processing direct payments and requisitions
- Knowledge of the student information system (PeopleSoft) and finance management systems (FTS & CFS) and ability to interpret complex financial records
- Knowledge of software programs, word processing, spreadsheet, database management
- Ability to compose and appropriately format correspondence and reports
- Ability to effectively establish and maintain cooperative working relationships within a diverse multicultural environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service and public relations skills
- Knowledge of a wide range of communications practices and tactics including writing, editing, integrated digital communications, social media, and public relations
- Ability to take initiative and ownership of projects
- Ability to perform accurately in a detail-oriented environment
- Ability to be dependable and available to work overtime, including weekends, peak times or at University events
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and appropriately handle sensitive communications with employees
- A bachelor's degree and/or equivalent training
- Four years of administrative work experience involving study, analysis, and/or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of administrative policies, procedures, practices, or programs
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience in a higher education environment
- Budget management experience
- Experience with website and social media channel management
- Project management experience
Classification: Administrative Analyst/Specialist – Exempt II
Anticipated Hiring Range: $5,580/month - $6,000/month
Hiring Range: $4,693/month - $8,489/month
San José State University offers employees a comprehensive benefits package typically worth 30-35% of your base salary. For more information on programs available, please see the Employee Benefits Summary.
Click Apply Now to complete the SJSU Online Employment Application and attach the following documents:
- Letter of Interest
All applicants must apply within the specified application period: October 16, 2020 through November 2, 2020. This position is open until filled; however, applications received after screening has begun will be considered at the discretion of the university.
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. SJSU will issue a contingent offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was offered the position on a contingent basis.
The standard background check includes: criminal check, employment and education verification. Depending on the position, a motor vehicle and/or credit check may be required. All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate Background. Some positions may also require fingerprinting. SJSU will pay all costs associated with this procedure. Evidence of required degree(s) or certification(s) will be required at time of hire.
SJSU IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (e.g. H1-B VISAS)
All San José State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Equal Employment Statement
San José State University (SJSU) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, gender, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, race, religion or lack thereof, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, or protected veteran status consistent with applicable federal and state laws. This policy applies to all SJSU students, faculty and staff programs and activities. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, and certain other federal and state laws, prohibit discrimination on the basis of sex in all education programs and activities operated by the university (both on and off campus).
Advertised: October 16, 2020 (9:00 AM) Pacific Daylight Time