Sr. Director - Human Resources Business Partner
Job Title: Sr. Director - Human Resources Business Partner
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 221305
Job Summary Oversee and direct the Human Resource Business Partner (HRBP) function to provide strategic human resources support that is aligned with Institute strategy and business unit needs to achieve both short and long term business objectives. Responsible for HR policies, compliance, strategic human resource management and employee relations. Responsible for setting group and individual goals, assessing performance, providing feedback and making pay recommendations. This position will interact on a regular basis with: Human Resources leadership, legal, Institute, unit, college, and school leadership and employees. This position typically will advise and counsel: Human Resources leadership (managers, directors, senior directors, and CHRO), unit level managers at all levels, unit HR staff, and employees. This position will supervise: HR Business Partners team.
- Leading the Human Resources Business Partner team in implementing and supporting a broad array of human resources programs, initiatives and issues. Build and lead a high performing, strategically aligned and business-focused team through effective talent selection, coaching, performance management, and team development.
- Actively participating as a strategic leader and member of the human resources senior leadership team with input, oversight and accountability for the HRBP functions.
- Working with Chief Human Resources Officer and the executive leadership team members in support of Institute strategies. Partner and consult with Institute leadership to integrate human resource best practices into business strategies and objectives to ensure a strong human resources plan is in place for each business unit that aligns with strategy.
- Developing models to identify competency, knowledge and talent gaps and develop specific programs for the filling of the gaps.
- Assist in management of the budget and other financial measures of the department.
- Human Resources Administration. Develop relevant human resources policies, and interpretation, promoting the consistent applications of human resources policies and procedures. Work with subject matter experts to maintain up-to-date, clear, legally compliant policies. Perform other related duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications Educational Requirements
Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
Other Required Qualifications
Five years managing activities directly related to HR Business Partners, Employee Relations or Talent Management; Professional experience in Organizational Psychology, Industrial Relations, or Human Resources required
Ten years of job related experiencePreferred Qualifications
Additional Preferred Qualifications
PHR or SPHR Strong oral communication, listening, and writing skills Demonstrated ability to manage others and prioritize work under rapidly changing conditions Complex problem-solving skills, flexible and good decision-making ability Collaborative leader and team player Able to work effectively on multiple assignments concurrently Ability to recognize, handle, and protect sensitive/confidential information Ability to relate to a diverse group COMPETENCIES: Business Acumen Project Management Leadership Decision Making Project Management HR Analytics Communication
Preferred Educational Qualifications
Master's Degree or first Professional Degree
Demonstrated experience in multiple practice areas of HR such as employee relations including Title IX, talent management, risk management, workforce planning, human resource development, strategic business management, change management, Global and International human resource capabilities, compensation and benefits, and HR Technology. Higher Education experience including oversight of Title IX coordination. Demonstrated success in building partnerships/networks and enhancing ongoing relationships with clients/ customers stretching across multiple units. Proven ability to influence senior leadership and manage competing priorities simultaneously. Current working knowledge of applicable state and federal laws and regulatory requirements. Expertise in organizational effectiveness/development, change management, project planning, and HR business consulting. Excellent verbal and written communication, project management, and influence/ negotiation skills are required.