Research Assistant, Clinical Trials
Research Assistant, Clinical Trials🔍Dean of Research, Stanford, California, United StatesNew📁Research📅4 days ago Post Date📅87559 Requisition #Research Assistant, Clinical Trials
Life Science Research Professional 1
Job Family: Research
Job Series: Life Science Research Professional
Job Code: 4945
- Will be responsible for executing laboratory procedures according to standard operating protocols for the clinical trials and experiments as assigned.
- Should have training in wet lab techniques and strong organizational skills.
- Are a self-starter, comfortable with autonomy, and embrace opportunities to tackle new problems and challenges as part of a dynamic team in a start-up-like environment within the University.
- Will be working closely with clinical trials staff, clinical laboratory staff, physicians, and scientists.
- Review COVID-19 literature on an ongoing basis to remain current with new procedures and apply learnings to related research.
- Participate in the preparation of written documents, including procedures, presentations, and proposals.
- Help with general lab maintenance as needed; maintain lab stock, manage chemical inventory and safety records, and provide general lab support as needed.
- Assist with orientation and training of new staff or students on lab procedures or techniques.
- Work in close proximity to blood borne pathogens, including SARS-CoV-2.
- Work in an environment where animals are used for teaching and research.
- Work with or be in areas where hazardous materials and/or infectious diseases are present.
- Must perform tasks that require the use of personal protective equipment, such as safety glasses and shoes, protective clothing and gloves, and possibly a respirator.
- May require extended or unusual work hours based on research requirements and business needs.
- Bachelor's degree in biology, chemistry, or a related scientific or healthcare field.
- General understanding of scientific principles. Demonstrated performance to use knowledge and skills when needed.
- Demonstrated ability to apply theoretical knowledge of science principals to problem solve work.
- Ability to maintain detailed records of experiments and outcomes.
- General computer skills and ability to quickly learn and master computer programs, databases, and scientific applications.
- Ability to work under deadlines with general guidance.
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to accurately complete detailed work.
- Knowledge and experience with biomedical research, clinical trials, and/or infectious diseases
- Familiar with laboratory information management systems (LIMS), such as Open Specimen
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4945
- Employee Status: Fixed-Term
- Grade: E
- Requisition ID: 87559