Director, Fan Experience
Director, Fan Experience🔍Athletics, Stanford, California, United States📁Marketing📅Oct 15, 2020 Post Date📅87558 Requisition #Title: Director, Fan Experience
Job Code: 4884
- Managing a team of two full-time professionals, in addition to hiring and overseeing contingent staff
- Overseeing all aspects of event presentation, game experience and sponsorship activation, including, but not limited to, writing game scripts and timelines, directing events, creating and managing videoboard content, designing elements as needed, managing game day staff, and building out a complete fan experience in-venue
- Developing and implementing entertaining elements for Stanford home events with programming to include in-game promotions, fan contests, on-field/court recognitions, theme nights, and pyrotechnics and special effects
- Innovating, and implementing new ideas to create a home advantage and to further differentiate live events from the at-home experience, and from other local entertainment options
- Collaborating closely with creative staff to ensure videoboard and in-game elements are visually consistent with departmental branding and marketing campaign standards; with technical staff to ensure all systems are operational; and with the ticket office and marketing staff to collaborate on sales initiatives, promotional efforts and Season Ticket Membership activation
- Working with all spirit groups including Cheer, LSJUMB, and Axe Committee to continue and instill traditions to enhance the collegiate atmosphere
- Managing auxiliary events to enhance fan, donor, student and community experiences, including, but not limited to Fall Sports Open House, Spring Football Game, Stanford Athletics Board Awards, Hall of Fame Ceremony, and New Student Orientation
- Serving as one of DAPER’s liaisons to the Pac-12 Conference marketing office, and helping activate conference-wide initiatives (e.g., Extra Yards for Teachers).
- Planning and managing the budget, giveaways and inventory, and staffing and hours.
- Building and maintaining relationships with internal and external vendors and partners.
- Assisting with community relations and campus outreach efforts, time permitting.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree and five years of relevant experience (or combination of education and relevant experience)
- Demonstrated passion for college athletics and an understanding of the evolving college sports landscape
- Superior project and event management skills, including extreme attention to detail
- Team player who is willing to “get hands dirty” and help out where needed
- Organized and detail-oriented with excellent communication, time management and customer service skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment using good judgment, innovation, and creative problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated attitude with the ability to work independently
- Ability to anticipate and/or respond effectively to changing trends and circumstances
- Attitude that embraces change and welcomes fresh perspectives
- Ability to learn from past mistakes and adjust accordingly
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Suite
- Familiarity with ScriptPro, Daktronics Show Control and related videoboard production software preferred.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends.
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4884
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: I
- Requisition ID: 87558