Human Resources Manager
Human Resources Manager🔍Office of External Relations, Stanford, California, United StatesNew📁Human Resources📅3 days ago Post Date📅87562 Requisition #Human Resources Manager(Human Resources Manager 1)
Job Code: 4705
Exemption: Exempt Note: Not all unique aspects of the job are covered by this job description Stanford University is one of the world’s premier academic and research institutions, devoting tremendous intellectual and physical resources toward the betterment of humanity. As a major Silicon Valley employer, Stanford seeks people committed to excellence and to improving our world. In turn, the university is committed to supporting its employees as they develop their careers and enrich their lives. The vision for the Office for External Relations is to create a broader and more purposeful engagement with our alumni, neighbors, region, nation, and world. External Relations will accomplish this vision by enhancing and aligning current programs, while also developing new strategies for service, philanthropic support, amplified communications, and more robust engagement locally, regionally, nationally and globally. We will enhance collaboration with local partners to address sustainability, affordability and other local challenges, working to become part of the fabric of the neighborhood. The primary responsibility of the Human Resources Manager will be to provide human resources services for the Office of External Relations. You will work under general supervision on all areas of general human resources, interacting with a diverse group of individuals in an active, fast-paced, and challenging environment. CORE DUTIES:
- Collaborate with the organization's management and/or human resources team to support initiatives by understanding the organization's issues and needs. Participate in planning processes and promote best practices.
- Assist in the implementation of strategies for facilitating organizational and behavioral change. Participate on organizational design and related development issues.
- Investigate basic employee relations issues and recommend appropriate resolution; work in consultation with more senior level human resources manager/director to resolve complex issues. Coach and advise on organizational, employee, and labor relations issues.
- Assist in overseeing the performance appraisal process; ensure the appropriate process is followed.
- Assist hiring managers in talent management (recruitment and staffing plans).
- Administer area's salary-setting program to meet the organization and university's guidelines. Advise managers on assignment of employees to appropriate classification levels; review and approve salary actions, as needed. Consult with manager and/or human resources director or university compensation on complex issues.
- Identify, communicate, and consult with staff on training and career development opportunities. Conduct relevant training, and participate in training design, as needed.
- Oversee processes for workers' compensation, disability, leave, work place accommodation requests, and health and safety issues; consult with managers, senior human resources manager or director, as needed. Oversee the accurate documentation and recordkeeping.
- Oversee and/or approve human resources transactions submitted for processing. Ensure accurate and timely recordkeeping practices. Prepare reports, and analyze data available through local and centralized database resources.
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience in at least two human resources areas, including: employee relations, employment and labor law, compensation, staffing and employment, training and development, performance coaching and management, and organizational development.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and understanding of group dynamics. Successful track record of establishing credibility and trust with a diverse client group.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, problem solving, judgment, and influencing skills. Ability to maintain confidentiality, tact, and diplomacy.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to prepare clear and concise reports and deliver formal presentations or training.
- Demonstrated proficiency with business applications, such as Microsoft Office suite and human resource information systems.
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Enjoy a film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide excellent retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, swim in our Olympic-sized pool, or choose from hundreds of health and fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide highly competitive health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commute programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4705
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: I
- Requisition ID: 87562