Human Resources Administrator
Human Resources Administrator🔍Office of External Relations, Stanford, California, United StatesNew📁Human Resources📅1 day ago Post Date📅87563 Requisition #Human Resources Administrator Note: Not all unique aspects of the job are covered by this job description
(Human Resources Administrator 1)
Job Code: 4701
Exemption: 100% FTE, Non-Exempt
Stanford University is one of the world’s premier academic and research institutions, devoting tremendous intellectual and physical resources toward the betterment of humanity. As a major Silicon Valley employer, Stanford seeks people committed to excellence and to improving our world. In turn, the university is committed to supporting its employees as they develop their careers and enrich their lives. The vision for the Office for External Relations is to create a broader and more purposeful engagement with our alumni, neighbors, region, nation, and world. External Relations will accomplish this vision by enhancing and aligning current programs, while also developing new strategies for service, philanthropic support, amplified communications, and more robust engagement locally, regionally, nationally and globally. We will enhance collaboration with local partners to address sustainability, affordability and other local challenges, working to become part of the fabric of the neighborhood. The primary responsibility of the Human Resources Administrator
for the Office of External Relations will be, under the direct supervision of the External Relations HR Manager/Director, to provide human resources administrative support. You will act as the first point of contact for most human resources inquiries, and serve as a resource to External Relations staff on human resources policies, procedures, and practices. Your responsibilities will include:
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Education & Experience:
- Support and coordinate employment activities (transactions and documentation). Assist in onboarding and exit process of staff.
- Provide general administrative support for the Talent and Human Resources External Relations Team.
- Serve as a resource on human resources issues, effectively communicate human resources policies, and explain human resources processes and procedures. Resolve basic issues as appropriate. Refer other issues to human resources manager/director or supervisor for resolution.
- Coordinate and/or perform HRIS data management activities, including initiating transactions and running reports for compliance, audit, and metrics purposes. Ensure data integrity, and serve as primary contact for identifying and resolving pay issues. Will be required to perform time card management, leave administration duties and input data to financial system.
- Explain applicable disability and leave procedures, and generate related correspondence; update and maintain reports to track leaves.
- Assist in the communication of the annual performance appraisal process; review and track incoming performance appraisal forms.
- Maintain personnel and human resources related files.
Associate degree and two years of relevant experience, or a combination of education and relevant experience. To be successful in this position, you will bring:
Why Stanford is for you:
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to learn and apply general human resources policies using problem solving skills, with an agile mindset.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and effectively handle highly sensitive and personal information with sound judgment, tact, and discretion.
- Ability to consistently follow through with projects and assignments and meet deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong and effective interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). Familiarity with human resource management systems, such as PeopleSoft and time/leave systems. Experience using email and internet.
- Some travel maybe required on Stanford campus to schools/units and to our Redwood City Campus.
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned. Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job. Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Enjoy a film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide excellent retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, swim in our Olympic-sized pool, or choose from hundreds of health and fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide highly competitive health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commute programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4701
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: F
- Requisition ID: 87563
Share this job with your network:
Learn more on Inside Higher Ed's College Page for University