Financial Analyst Job Number Full/Part Time Schedule Salary 202009246261 Full Time 8AM - 5PM $50,000 - $86,450 Position Information As a member of the Division of Medical Education (ME) and under the general supervision of the Financial Operating Officer, the ME Analyst will provide financial management and administrative support to Undergraduate Medical Education (UME), Student Affairs (SA), and Pipeline Programs. The incumbent will provide financial and operational support to the ME division units by assisting with the monthly ledger reconciliation process, budget preparation, financial reporting and analysis, and fiscal year end closing. The Financial Analyst will serve as a knowledgeable resource for University policy and procedures; and develop and monitor best practices within the assigned units. May assist team members across the Division in a back-up capacity. Education Education Requirements Degree Requirement Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training. Required
Experience Experience Requirement 2 - 4 years of related experience. Required
Special Conditions Special Condition Requirement Occasional travel to SOM/UCR sites as needed. Required
Minimum Requirements Demonstrated interpersonal skills at all levels within the unit; service orientation; critical thinking; attention to detail; ability to multi-task in a high volume environment, organizational skills.
Ability to function as a member of a team.
Ability to gather reasonably retrievable information, organizes, and performs basic financial analysis assignments.
Intermediate knowledge and understanding of internal control practices and their impact on protecting University resources.
Demonstrated ability to use spreadsheet and database software for moderately complex financial analysis, fiscal management and financial reports.
Ability to adapt to changing priorities.
Ability to present information in a clear and concise manner both in writing and verbally.
Some knowledge of finance policies, practices and systems.
Preferred Qualifications Additional Information In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities' air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history, and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- UC Riverside was included in the (August 2018) edition of The Princeton Review's "The Best 382 Colleges."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2017) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- In 2016, UCR was recognized for graduation rate success by the Association of Public and Land-Grant Universities (APLU) for achieving near parity across racial-ethnic, socio-economic, and gender boundaries.
- UCR ranks among the Top 15 Public Research Universities in the nation, as identified by the 2017 Washington Monthly.
- In 2017, two separate reports from the Education Trust celebrated UCR as a national leader for African American and Latino student success. UCR was one of just three schools to be named top-performing institutions in both reports and the only California campus recognized among 18 top-performing colleges and universities in the nation for high black student graduation rates.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview
Job Description Details View complete Job Description for this position