Enrollment Management Data Analyst
Position: Enrollment Management Data Analyst Location: Wheaton, IL
Job Id: 575 # of Openings: 1
Enrollment Management Data Analyst Job Overview:
This position is responsible for the integrity of the Enrollment Division database. Partnering with the College Registrar and Academic Deans, track all institutional programs and establish historical and projected enrollments for new and continuing students in the College of the Arts and Sciences, the Conservatory, and the Wheaton College Graduate School. Provide functional user and high-level technical expertise and enhance the enrollment team’s efforts by managing enrollment data standards, establishing best practice reports, and examining data to help make informed strategic decisions. The Data Analyst reports to the Chief Enrollment Management Officer. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establishes admissions best practice using available tools for analytics and reporting; develops key performance indicators for the Division.
- Develops and provides interpretation of data, and distributes weekly, annual, and ad hoc enrollment reports. Maintains and develops reporting protocols for Senior Administrative Cabinet and Board of Trustees and an inventory of topical reports.
- Works with Divisional leadership and respective Operations Managers to ensure accuracy of data in admissions CRM and ERP by developing methods to check for discrepancies, and by updating and changing student information. Monitors data integration and ensures consistency between systems.
- Leads in the management of enrollment data and analysis through third party resources with agreed upon protocols and necessary data exports.
- In partnership with Student Financial Services, evaluates and tests statistical models for financial aid impact on student behavior.
- Works closely with the Enterprise Reporting Group to improve database integrity issues and data import/export processes.
- Chairs the Enrollment Division Data team composed of the College Registrar and enrollment directors and operations managers to continually assess enrollment data for new and continuing students.
- Supports the Finance Division in forecasting and budgeting net tuition revenue based on enrollment analysis.
- Works closely with the Marketing and Communications Department to cull data pertaining to admissions and financial aid; compiles and analyzes data for reporting; and shares suggestions and insights to improve future Marketing and Communication pieces.
- Creates and maintains reporting tools to assist Graduate Admissions and Graduate Faculty Departments in the development and tracking of goals against projections in headcount and credit hour models.
- Researches market position of cross applicant and aspirant institutions through IPEDS, Clearinghouse National Student Tracker, and College Board as well as other industry robust assessment tools.
- Assists operational needs during high volume periods, such as data entry and data quality checks.
- Strong statistical, analytical, and investigative skills, with high attention to detail
- 3-5 years of experience in a profession requiring technical and analytical skills with extensive experience with relational database management, SQL or other report writing and querying tools. Knowledge of Ellucian CRM Recruit (Microsoft Dynamics platform), Slate, Salesforce, or similar CRM is a plus
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, with advanced skills in Excel
- Bachelor’s degree required, with degree and/or coursework in computer science, mathematics, statistics, or other related disciplines preferred
- Data visualization experience
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced and high pressure, high stakes environment.
- A strong commitment to collaboration and customer service
Updated October 2020