Cytology Laboratory Assistant
DescriptionUniversity of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical Campus
School/College/Department of Pathology
Job Title Working: Cytology Laboratory Assistant
Official: Laboratory Technician I
Position # 00778921 – Requisition #19390
- Receiving, accessioning gynecologic and non-gynecologic specimens into Laboratory Information System, and labeling cytology samples
- Applying approved cytopreparation methods to process cytology specimens
- Operating and troubleshooting laboratory instruments and equipment and performing routine preventive or corrective maintenance
- Utilizing and maintaining cytology stains, reagents and chemicals, including their preparation, storage, and correct disposal.
- Maintaining, organizing stock inventory, and requesting laboratory supplies
- Participating in educational courses and required refresher courses
- Providing support with various administrative tasks and handling phone inquiries
- Reporting patient safety issues and specimen deficiencies
- Preparing and sending out selected samples for ancillary testing
- Participating in trading of cytology residents and medical students
Salary is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125Diversity and Equity:
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at [email protected] The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
- High School Diploma
- Two years of laboratory experience in clinical setting, including receiving and processing specimens, using laboratory computer data bases, equipment, and staining systems.
- An Associate’s degree or higher in the medical sciences or in a related field.
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology, human anatomy and physiology.
- Excellent communication, analytical, teamwork, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize workload while maintaining attention to detail and excellent work organization.
- High work ethic, accountability, and reliability by prioritizing patient care while treating all staff with curtesy and professionalism.
- Ability to listen and follow precise protocols and written instructions.
- Knowledge and experience using laboratory equipment.
- Experience working with students, staff and faculty within an educational medical environment.
Job Category: Health Care
Primary Location: Aurora
Posting Date: Oct 16, 2020
Unposting Date: Ongoing