Electives Curriculum Coordinator
DescriptionUniversity of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine, Dean’s Office, Undergraduate Medical Education
Working Job Title: Electives Curriculum Coordinator
Official Job Title: Academic Services Professional
Position #00002656 – Requisition #19381
Jobs in this career family provide direct professional support for the teaching and/or educational service mission of the university. Functions include academic advising/counseling, student personnel administration, recruitment and admissions, registration, financial aid, faculty affairs, library services, curriculum administration, and others involving direct support of the educational mission of an academic unit.Professionals at the intermediate level are responsible for exercising discretion, analytical skill, personal accountability and responsibility in a wide range of areas including academic, administrative, managerial and student services functions. Work involves creating, integrating, applying and sharing knowledge directly related to a professional field. At the intermediate level, duties may be more limited in scope and are performed with guidance and direction from other professionals.Position Emphasis:
This position is responsible for initiating, planning, and implementing curricular elements in the School of Medicine focusing on Clinical and Elective curriculum tracking, Clinical and Elective curriculum data collection and updates, and Student Enrollment. This includes ensuring that all course details, curricular elements, clinical site enrollments, and grade submissions are completed in assurance with LCME accreditation standards. This position will take the lead on complex curriculum projects and will develop processes that align with University of Colorado (CU) and School of Medicine (SOM) policies, procedures, and accreditation standards.The individual in this role will be relied upon to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Coordinators and Course Directors across the School of Medicine. Follow up and open lines of communication are essential. The successful candidate will possess excellent communication and organizational skills, and will also have the ability to successfully manage multiple self-directed projects that may, at times, have competing priorities. This position reports to the Curriculum Manager in the School of Medicine. Specific Duties:
Elective Curriculum Tracking, updating, and Reporting (70%)
- Maintains the Electives website.
- Maintains the Oasis catalog database for all Electives and Sub-internships.
- Maintains Oasis course data that allows for enhanced tracking, reporting, and analysis for the Clinical and Elective Curriculum in the SOM.
- Creates and implements processes which effectively maintain course catalog information for all Clinical Sub-Internships and Electives.
- Monitors submitted grades, provides adequate reminders as necessary, and tracks the timeliness of grade submissions to ensure that all grades are submitted no later than four weeks after the end of the block/semester.
- Monitors timeliness of assessment delivery to students in clinical electives.
- Supports the Assistant Dean for Essentials Curriculum and Director of Phase IV Curriculum in administering of all elective curriculum.
- Collects and updates clinical and elective course curricular elements in the curriculum management system (CMS) database (e.g., course goals, learning objectives, materials, etc.).
- Manages, maintains, and provides consistent monitoring of clinical courses delivered in the learning management system (LMS) to ensure compliance with SOM guidelines.
- Serves as the primary resource for faculty and student problems related to Clinical and Elective curriculum.
- Works with the clerkship and sub-internship coordinators to monitor and update student site rotation enrollments in the Oasis scheduling system.
- Develops cooperation and cross-functional teamwork while participating in a group; working toward solutions which generally benefit all involved parties.
- Establishes and then document best practices and standard operating procedures relevant to core work responsibilities.
- Supports Office of Medical Education events and curriculum sessions as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Curriculum Manager.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefitsTotal Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125Diversity and Equity:
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at [email protected]. The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
- Bachelor’s degree in education administration, business administration, education organization, management, communications, or a related field from an accredited institution.
- One (1) year of professional experience working in an administrative or education role
- 2 years of experience managing projects in a fast- paced, professional environment.
- 2 years of experience working at a higher education institution.
- Experience working in an academic medical environment.
- Experience working with learning management systems (i.e. Blackboard, Canvas).
- Experience with curriculum management and coordination.
- Experience working within the confines of complex rules, regulations, and accreditation standards.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software, especially Outlook, Excel and Access.
- Ability to align multiple, competing demands with established priorities, and enjoy the challenges of change.
- Displays analytical and critical thinking skills to assist in resolving complex problems.
- Strong skills in project management and change management are required. Effective and timely communications, with expectations of responses within two business days of email receipt.
- Exemplary organization, presentation, and leadership skills with an ability to work with little supervision independently and as a member of a team.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong knowledge of University policies and procedures is a plus and new skill sets must be acquired quickly as changes are implemented.
- Ability to function with a high level of maturity and awareness for protecting sensitive information.
- Implement process changes to operations resulting from technology enhancements or business changes.
- Ability to assist Executive leadership in resolving complex process/procedure/compliance related issues.
- Ability to act as an education liaison across a variety of institution projects.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- It is anticipated that this role will work remotely for the remainder of the 2020/2021 Academic Year
- After that point, on-campus work up to 25% time may be required as deemed necessary and appropriate by the Curriculum Manager
Job Category: Academic Services
Primary Location: Aurora
Posting Date: Oct 15, 2020
Unposting Date: Ongoing