Biology Student Researcher Spring 2021
Posting DetailsPosting NumberStu00516Site LocationSwainsboroFull or Part TimeStudentRegular or Temporary EmploymentStudentType of Student PositionStudent AssistantNumber of MonthsSpring Semester 2021Work Schedule
10 hours a week
Hours are flexiblePosition End Date (if temporary)Position TitleBiology Student Researcher Spring 2021Position Number 21010006Job Description Summary
Perform research under the supervision of a Biology/Chemistry Faculty on the Swainsboro campusMajor Duties
• Student will perform a literature review on the topic on the research
• Student will write a research plan
• Student will perform research
• Students will analyze the results of the research on the Swainsboro campus
• Student will maintain a lab notebook of all the experiments that he performs
• Other duties as assigned
• Basic computer skills are needed, including the ability to answer emails and create basic excel spreadsheets. The ability to provide good customer service is essential.
• Basic biology concepts from the BIOL 1107 and BIOL 1108 classes
The Chair of the Biology with the assistance of the Biology/Chemistry Faculty supervise and review work through observation for compliance with procedures, accuracy, and the nature and propriety of the final results.Guidelines
Guidelines include EGSC Student Employment Handbook, East Georgia State College and Board of Regents policies and procedures. These guidelines are generally clear and specific but may require some interpretation in application.Complexity/Scope of Work
• The work consists of performing research experiments and analyzing the results of these experiments.
• The work consists of multiple tasks of varying degrees of complexity.
•The position requires the ability to multi-task.
Contacts are typically with students, Faculty, staff, members of the community on the Swainsboro campus.Physical Demands
• The work is typically performed while standing, walking, bending, crouching or stooping. The student occasionally lifts light objects.
• The work will be performed in a class and lab environment and outside on the EGSC Swainsboro campus.
• Must be enrolled in the BIOL 4500 Undergraduate Research at East Georgia State College and be in good academic standing.
• Must successfully completed the BIOL 1107 and BIOL 1108 classes.
Individuals who need reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the application process should contact the Office of Human Resources at 478-289-2035. Deaf and Hard of Hearing callers may access our campus phone numbers by utilizing your state relay service (such as the Georgia Relay Service) or by utilizing Video Remote Services. East Georgia State College is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity and Tobacco-free Institution, Federal law requires ID and employment eligibility verification prior to employment. Georgia is an Open Records state. East Georgia State College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award certificates, associate degrees and baccalaureate degrees. Contact the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of East Georgia State College.Complete College GeorgiaOpen Date10/15/2020Close DateOpen Until FilledYesBackground CheckAdditional InformationApplicant DocumentsRequired Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Interest
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).