Assistant, Associate or Full Professor, Fall 2021
Oct 15, 2020
As the state’s flagship school, the University of Tennessee, Knoxville is home to over 100 research institutes and is classified as a Research University with very High Research Activity (RU/VH) by the Carnegie Foundation. Student enrollment totals more than 30,000 and research funding surpasses $319 million. Located near the Great Smoky Mountains and surrounded by numerous lakes, Knoxville offers abundant recreational attractions, cultural attractions such as opera and symphony, low cost of living and high-quality residential neighborhoods.
College of Nursing Highlights:
- Generous start-up package including relocation stipend and protected scholarship time for the first 2 years
- Scholarship and grant writing support from the college (Office of Research Services) and the university (Office of Research & Engagement)
- Inter-professional education and research opportunities
- Member of the National Hartford Centers for Gerontological Nursing Excellence
- State of the art accredited Health Innovation & Simulation Lab run in collaboration with the College of Engineering
- Collaborations with Pat Summitt Alzheimer’s clinic, University of Tennessee Medical Center, East Tennessee Children’s Hospital and Oakridge National Laboratory.
- College owns and operates Vine Clinic, a nurse-managed school-based health center and outreaches via Telehealth to other underserved schools.
- Teaching undergraduates and/or graduate students using best practice teaching methods
- Developing a successful program of research with extramural funding
- Engaging in college, university, community and professional service
- Earned doctorate in nursing, public health, or other health related field by time of appointment
- Evidence of research in health and wellness
- Eligibility for RN license in Tennessee
For more information, visit our website, https://nursing.utk.edu/. Interested applicants must submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae and three letters of reference. For additional information please contact Victoria Niederhauser, DrPH, RN, PPCNP-BC, FAAN, Dean & Professor. The University of Tennessee, Knoxville, College of Nursing, 1200 Volunteer Blvd., Suite 301, Knoxville, TN 37996-4180, [email protected].
Screening of applicant credentials will begin immediately and continue until position is filled. Rank and salary based on qualifications and experience.