Biocontainment Mechanical Manager
DescriptionThe University Research Services and Administration (URSA) division is Georgia State University's research support resource for all grants and contracts activities, compliance and laboratory safety. The High Containment Core is seeking to hire a diverse and skilled Biocontainment Mechanical Manager who will operate, maintain, and monitor system controls that are critical for high and maximum containment laboratories (BSL-3, ABSL-3, BSL-4, ABSL-4). The scope of responsibility will include the following duties but is not limited to the following,
- Maintains and keeps an inventory of parts, specialized tools, and equipment necessary for continued operations and regular maintenance.
- Manages and maintains security systems that control direct access to the high containment laboratories to comply with institutional policies, regulatory requirements, and occupational health requirements.
- Operates, maintains, and monitors system controls that are critical for high and maximum containment laboratories (BSL-3, ABSL-3, BSL-4, ABSL-4): track, record, and maintain trending and operations data per regulatory requirements.
- Participates in design and commissioning of new facilities and establishes a baseline for recurring verification and quality control of these systems.
- Plans and participates in biological waste management and validation procedures, and participates in spill prevention and decontamination of biological spills.
- Plans and participates in preventative maintenance on biocontainment systems (e.g., effluent decontamination systems, autoclaves, boilers, bio-seal doors, freezers, biosafety cabinets, back flow prevention, air flow monitors). Participates in strategic planning of industrial systems that support the operation.
- Repairs containment equipment and laboratory equipment; schedules and oversees contractors for repairs of systems and equipment where needed.
- Responds to alarms, emergencies related to industrial systems supporting the laboratories, and assists with other emergencies as needed. The laboratories are operational 24/7/365.
QualificationsBachelor's degree and four years of related experience; or a combination of education and related experience.
College/Business Unit10/31/20, 10:59:00 PM
College/Business Unit: Research & Sponsored Programs
Location: Atlanta Campus
Job Posting: 10/15/20, 12:07:40 PM