Administrative Assistant III
Position Title:Administrative Assistant III Opened Date:10/16/2020 Job Category:Staff Department:Development - 7010620 Division:Advancement Required Documents:Cover Letter, Resume Position Statement:
Founded in 2005, Georgia Gwinnett College (GGC) is one of 28 institutions within the University System of Georgia. GGC is a premier 21st century liberal arts institution accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. Serving nearly 13,000 students, GGC’s innovative practices, caring culture, and extremely affordable tuition are changing the game in higher education and changing the future for students at all levels, of all ages, and from all walks of life. Gwinnett County (pop. 920,000+) is home to a variety of businesses, including organizations involved in health care, education and information technology.Description:
The Administrative Assistant III supports the overall mission of the Office of Advancement, to include
both Georgia Gwinnett College and the Georgia Gwinnett College Foundation. Working under limited
supervision, the Administrative Assistant III provides administrative management and coordination
and reports to the Associate Vice President for Advancement. This individual is responsible for
performing a variety of administrative duties and managing daily operations.
- Provides administrative support to Associate Vice President for Advancement, direct reports and other team members as directed by the AVP.
- Manages office and provides front office coverage.
- Monitors office budgets for AVP, enters data, communicates with Budget & Finance to resolve issues or asks questions, and reconciles monthly purchasing.
- Completes and submits College and Foundation expense reports, prior approvals, and payment requests and prepares Travel and Expense reports for AVP and direct reports.
- Prepares monthly statements for Foundation accounts, process purchase orders, requisitions and accounts payable invoices.
- Supports daily operations of the Office of Advancement, with primary responsibility for supply ordering, management and organization, reporting of suite maintenance issues, and office suite upkeep.
- Provides support with calendars, Microsoft Office applications, Raisers Edge, 25 Live, Financial Edge, Web Purchasing, PeopleSoft and coordination with other offices/staff.
- Sets appointments and meetings, reserve rooms and arrange parking for internal and external meetings, including serving as primary point-of-contact for campus requests to use the Advancement Suite conference room.
- Records call reports, pledge reminders and performing other basic data entry in Raiser’s Edge.
- Supports the Advancement Services gift receipting process, with primary responsibility for opening mail, routing checks appropriately, preparing acknowledgement and pledge reminder letters for signature.
- Assists with Advancement events and meetings, including set-up and staffing support when needed, with primary responsibility for receiving RSVPs for major events and updating attendance reports in Raiser’s Edge. Duties occasionally require schedule adjustments to allow work on early mornings,evenings, and weekends.
- Daily supervision of Federal Work Study Students, may interview, hire, train, monitor and approve timecards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School or GED
- Three to five years progressively responsible full-time related office management experience.
- High level of technological proficiency, including Microsoft Office and other software applications.
- High degree of organization and prioritization skills.
- Ability to handle sensitive and/or confidential material and information appropriately in all circumstances.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to anticipate and prioritize.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively as a member of a team.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Proficiency with Excel, Adobe Acrobat and Publisher
- Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge and Accounting principles
- Experience in Development or a related field in higher education
Due to the volume of applications, applicants may not receive a reply from the College unless an applicant is selected for an interview. Review of applications will continue until positions are filled. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States and proof of eligibility will be contemporaneously required upon acceptance of an employment offer. Any resulting employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation and credit check if applicable to the position, as determined by Georgia Gwinnett College in its sole discretion. Georgia Gwinnett College, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or religion. Georgia is an open records state.
Position may require local travel. Position requires use of a PCard, therefore successful completion of a credit report may be a condition of employment. Ability to lift and carry files and materials. Ability to move from one office to another office on campus. Adequate vision, hearing and manual dexterity to interact with people in person, on the phone and in writing. Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations. This position raises funds for both Georgia Gwinnett College and secondarily for the Georgia Gwinnett College Foundation.Position Status:Full-Time FLSA:Non-exempt