Human Resources Generalist
Position Title:Human Resources Generalist Job Category:Staff Department:Human Resources - 7010310 Division:President Required Documents:Cover Letter, Resume Position Statement:
Founded in 2005, Georgia Gwinnett College (GGC) is one of 28 institutions within the University System of Georgia. GGC is a premier 21st century liberal arts institution accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. Serving nearly 13,000 students, GGC’s innovative practices, caring culture, and extremely affordable tuition are changing the game in higher education and changing the future for students at all levels, of all ages, and from all walks of life. Gwinnett County (pop. 920,000+) is home to a variety of businesses, including organizations involved in health care, education and information technology.Description:
The Human Resources Generalist will partner with the campus community to provide HR services and solutions in support of the faculty, staff and students of Georgia Gwinnett College. The HR Generalist will have both administrative and operational responsibilities, helping to plan and administer important functions, such as talent acquisition, onboarding, policies, organizational development, and compliance. This position plays a key role in supporting the successful growth and development of the expanding HR service platform including initiatives that help set the foundation for a supportive, positive culture.
- Serves as primary to support staff recruitment including sourcing, screening and hiring top talent; collaborates with managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Researches recruiting best practices to find innovative and creative talent acquisition solutions on a continual basis; Develop and deploy proactive sourcing strategies to ensure that there is an ongoing pipeline of external talent
- Partner with Director of HR Operations and Diversity and Equity Compliance on annual recruitment efforts, to include best practices, screening, assessment, interviewing, documentation, discrimination, biases, etc.; includes partnering with HRIS on annual affirmative action data reporting
- Organize and manage new employee on-boarding experience including ensure coordination of preonboarding itineraries and optimal day one new employee experience
- Proactively identifies opportunities and assess improvements to the candidate experience and partner with HR leadership to develop and implement innovative and lasting solutions
- Oversees process of new hires to include background checks and employee eligibility verifications.
- Assist in development and implementation of human resource policies and procedures including ways to improve policies and procedures
- Coordinate with Sr. Comp and Class Specialist to ensure update of job requirements when needed based upon manager/dept. feedback
- Represent employer via in person and virtual community and recruiting events
- Answer employee questions and addresses employee concerns with College; referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Partner with other HR team members in development of efficient, standardized departmental processes and procedures; Recommend new approaches/procedures to effect continual improvement of services performed
- Partner with HRIS on review of trend analysis to provide proactive recommendations on employee solutions to HR and campus leadership
- Perform other duties; as assigned
- 2+ years human resources experience
- Demonstrated HCM, recruiting support, onboarding, and compliance experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience in higher education HR
- Experience with PeopleSoft
- Demonstrated experience with Affirmative Action and/or IPEDS reporting
Due to the volume of applications, applicants may not receive a reply from the College unless an applicant is selected for an interview. Review of applications will continue until positions are filled. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States and proof of eligibility will be contemporaneously required upon acceptance of an employment offer. Any resulting employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation and credit check if applicable to the position, as determined by Georgia Gwinnett College in its sole discretion. Georgia Gwinnett College, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or religion. Georgia is an open records state.
Position may require local travel. Ability to lift and carry files and materials. Ability to move from one office to another office on campus. Adequate vision, hearing and manual dexterity to interact with people in person, on the phone and in writing. Applicant must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations. Position may require non-standard work hours (nights and weekends)Position Status:Full-Time FLSA:Exempt