Operations and Special Projects Manager
Job DetailsPosting Number20210005EXJob TitleOperations and Special Projects ManagerType of EmploymentRegular Full-TimeIf Part Time, Enter Hours Per WeekWork LocationMurrayEmployment Term12 MonthsPosition TypeStaff - Exempt(Monthly)DepartmentInfo Systems Summary of Job Duties and Responsibilities
Under general supervision of the CIO, the Operations and Special Projects Manager is responsible for relating financial activities to the most efficient and cost-effective provision of service by the department, producing and analyzing data about department operations and advising on the distribution of available resources. In addition, responsible for supporting the development and implementation of project plans and timelines for initiatives within Information Systems.
• Oversee the financial management, business, and administrative operations of the office of Information Systems.
• Analyze budget resources available to the department and recommend to the Chief Information Officer (CIO) the distribution of financial resources among programs and technology initiatives.
• Collect and review all division budget data to maintain consistency with departmental budget requirements. Formulate overall departmental budget to be approved and submitted by the CIO. Advise CIO of shortcomings and needed adjustments to ensure proper operation of the department.
• Direct all departmental cost accounting and financial management functions ensuring all university required procedures for control of financial resources, records and accountability are met.
• Initiate carry-forward and budget projections for both annual operating and project budgets.
• Develop and disperse directives, guidance and information to each Director to assist in division budget preparation and provide technical assistance to each Director in individual budget preparation.
• Collect and analyze financial information throughout the year for possible mid-year adjustments and guidance in upcoming year’s budget.
• Prepare capitalization accountability and project reports as needed.
• Prepare documentation to establish and then to close technology project accounts.
• Monitor all authorized technology projects and provide reports to the CIO and other administrators.
• Work with the Accounting and Financial Services Department to maintain accurate accounting records for all technology project accounts.
• Support the development and implementation project plans and timelines for initiatives; establish and contribute to related goals and objectives.
• Monitor and evaluate progress of projects/timelines.
• Act as liaison with appropriate parties, internal and/or external to the University; participate in project development discussions.
• Edit and write financial, project, progress and other reports.
• Serve as departmental liaison with Human Resources concerning personnel items.
• Provide oversight of all phases of hiring process for departmental vacancies/position searches.
• Support the Information Technology Governance process.
• Manage the business operations staff including setting priorities and work assignments.
• Report to the Chief Information Officer and work closely with the Directors, Associate Directors, and Mangers of other Information Systems departments.
• Develop, manage, and monitor depreciation schedules for technology infrastructure equipment.
• Contribute as a member of the IS Leadership Team to the MSU Rolling Five Year Technology Plan and MSU Technology Policy and Standards.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree required.Minimum Experience and Skill Requirements
• Five plus years of demonstrated knowledge in financial and personnel management/planning as normally acquired through five plus years of experience.
• Experience in a higher education, technology, or non-profit organization.
• Excellent organization, writing, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Master’s degree preferred.
• Project management certification, training, or experience preferred.
Along with the application, the following items must be included:
• Letter of application
• Contact information for three (3) references
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is the highest level of education attained?
- High School Diploma
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
- Cover Letter
- List of References with Contact Information
- Other Document