Clinical Research Coordinator III
Job no: 514867
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Health Profession, Research/Scientific/Grants
Department:29180300 - MD-NEUROLOGY-MOVEMENT DISORDER
Clinical Research Coord IIIJob Description:
The Clinical Research Coordinator III position is reports to the Directors of the Department of Neurology. The incumbent is responsible for managing a multisite NIA-funded PACE-DLB study. The role will involve regulatory submissions and coordination (UF serves as the single IRB), coordination and communication between sites, training, local recruitment, informed consent (for the in-person cohort at UF and all participants in a virtual cohort), local study conduct, and virtual study conduct. In addition to a large site coordination role, the CRC will conduct all of the UF site visits (15-20 dyads, up to 7 in-person visits each) and the virtual study visits (75 dyads, up to 7 telephone visits each). The CRC will coordinate closely with the statistical research coordinator to oversee data management and quality control for the multiple sites.
- Conduct study activities relating to study visits for dyads (individuals with dementia with Lewy bodies and their caregivers) enrolled at UF (n=15-20 dyads) and in the virtual cohort (n=75 dyads, recruited online). This will include scheduling visits, obtaining informed consent, performing screening visits, and conducting study visits every 6 months (either in person or by phone). Study visits consist primarily of administering questionnaires to caregivers. Study activities will also include entering data from the study visits into RedCap data collection forms and performing quality control checks for data collected at UF.
- Manage regulatory issues for the study including IRB submissions, coordination of single IRB activities (with the UF IRB and other study sites), maintenance of regulatory binders for UF and oversight of regulatory binders at other sites.
- Manage inter-site collaborations including coordinating regular site conference calls, confirming consistent study performance across sites, and providing oversight of data management and quality control across sites. The data management and quality control will be done in partnership with the statistical research coordinator.
- Obtain training relevant to protocol conduct, regulatory practices, and GCP to support the study.
– Prepare annual study reports
$56,000 - $65,000; Commensurate education and experience
Pay Range Based on Market:
Lower reference point: $51,500 Midpoint: $66,900 Upper Reference point: $82,300Minimum Requirements:
Bachelor's degree in an appropriate area and three years of relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.Preferred Qualifications:
- Comprehensive knowledge of NIH and FDA procedures
- Knowledge of state and federal regulations regarding clinical research
- Knowledge of accepted procedures and ethical, confidential practices
- Management of regulatory issues including IRB submissions
- Management o teams, including multi-site teams
- Skill in administering research questionnaires
- Skill in the use of personal computer software, including Microsoft Office
- Ability to read and interpret complex guidelines
- Ability to communicate effectively and to meet deadlines as demanded by the position
- Ability to work well in teams
- Ability to work with individuals with dementia and caregivers with compassion
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter and resume.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.Health Assessment Required:Yes
Advertised: 15 Oct 2020 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 29 Oct 2020 Eastern Daylight Time